This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms2180

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a cgpa of 3.35 and a sgpa of 3.4. I want to see your opinions on my chances to get into a MD or DO school. My MCAT is scheduled but I haven't taken it yet.

I have good extracurriculars: I have done two medical mission trips, been a board member on two different pre-health organizations on campus, worked as a scribe/medical assistant for three years, completed clinical rotations as a volunteer at a local hospital on nearly every unit and have tons of volunteer hours.

I have done research for 2 years and finished by writing my senior honors thesis.

I have great recommendation letters, two from MD's one of which is a president elect for the medical school board at the school she went to. Also have a letter from a DO who is the president of the osteopathic association. Also a letter from my research supervisor.

If I score well on my MCAT could do you think I have any chance of actually getting into medical school?

Come back with an MCAT score

Reactions: 1 users
And your ECs are just average. No one cares about medical mission trips.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep provided you get a nice MCAT score you do have a chance. So rock that MCAT.

And letters from docs usually aren't very useful. You do have letters from science professors too, right? Depending on your MCAT you should be just fine for DO schools and maybe your home state MD schools.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app