Plz suggest me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlrao

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I have completed my part 1 in 2009 and got a score of 90, in 2010 i had to come to india and i am in india till now.Now I want to come back to US and start applying to schools.So my concern is how long is part 1 score valid, since I think i am close to 5th year.In case if I am not able to come to US this year, can i retake my part 1 again?

any reply would be appreciated

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone,

I have completed my part 1 in 2009 and got a score of 90, in 2010 i had to come to india and i am in india till now.Now I want to come back to US and start applying to schools.So my concern is how long is part 1 score valid, since I think i am close to 5th year.In case if I am not able to come to US this year, can i retake my part 1 again?

any reply would be appreciated

thanks

I think it is better to contact the schools and ask them, then contact the ADA or joint commission to ask about retaking the test if the schools required that.

Thanks dentist86

I think it is better to contact the schools and ask them, then contact the ADA or joint commission to ask about retaking the test if the schools required that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Part I score is valid for 5 years. unless it is expired, i believe the rules have changed to where you cannot retake it. however, like suggested above, better to call the school AND joint commision to be 100% sure. Good luck!

Part I score is valid for 5 years.

Where did you get this info from?
As far as I new once passed the exam there's no 'expiration date', or is it? I remember reading some school that wouldn't accept scores older than 10yrs, but other than that... Has things changed?

Where did you get this info from?
As far as I new once passed the exam there's no 'expiration date', or is it? I remember reading some school that wouldn't accept scores older than 10yrs, but other than that... Has things changed?
Once you pass the NBDE, you have to wait for 5 years before retaking it. Very few schools don't accept NBDE reports older than so many years. Like LomaLinda which wants it to have been taken in the last 2 years. Other than that as long as the school you're applying doesn't have a problem with older scores, you should be fine.:luck: