PNWU Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idahoruralDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The more I talk to people about PNWU, the more excited I get. I felt very comfortable at the school from the start and was very impressed with the faculty and staff. Yakima was better than people made it sound. It seems to me to be on track to become a great school. It was the clear choice for me!

Members don't see this ad.

The more I talk to people about PNWU, the more excited I get. I felt very comfortable at the school from the start and was very impressed with the faculty and staff. Yakima was better than people made it sound. It seems to me to be on track to become a great school. It was the clear choice for me!

Agreed. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant the first time I drove past the school. It was just so small and not completely what I'd imagined. However, they truly seem to have everything I'd hoped for in a medical school. Can't wait to start!

What made you sure that this school had it all? I am interviewing in January, and don't get me wrong, I am excited. Before I make my decision, I want to be sure about the quality of professors and clinical opportunities for yrs. 3 & 4.

Did you guys feel a sense of certainty in these aspects?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
What made you sure that this school had it all? I am interviewing in January, and don't get me wrong, I am excited. Before I make my decision, I want to be sure about the quality of professors and clinical opportunities for yrs. 3 & 4.

Thanks!

Go to the interview and judge for yourself. There are pros/cons to every school, but overall PNWU felt like a good fit. Sorry if that sounds vague.

I am interested to see where the students ultimately do their clinical rotations, though I'm more excited than worried. Frankly, every school I visited was rather vague about clinical rotation sites, and were quick to point out that sites are "subject to change."

Thanks!

The clinical opportunities for 3rd an 4th year are solidifying. There are several hospitals in the Pacific northwest that are going to provide not only clinical rotations but some are discussing residency opportunities...Your interview is the best time to query about these. Be aware your class will be the 3rd class to use these rotations and by that time there will be even more available...