Podcast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeganBeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good podcast that cover General Chem, Organic, Physics, and Biology? or any that relate specifically to the MCAT? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I found that the "Biology 2120" lectures (Anatomy and Physiology) to be extremely clear even without the visual materials referenced by the professor (it was recorded from a class). You can get to it by searching for "Biology 2120" in the iTunes music store. Of course, as they are from an entire class dedicated to A&P, the podcasts go into way more detail than the MCAT requires, and listening to all of the lectures, I think, will be too time consuming in the context of a total review for the MCAT. But I found that they worked great for "spot reviews" of my weaker areas.

Also, if you go to the "Biology 2120" list of lectures (ie, click the arrow next to the podcast title after searching for it), there's a "Listeners also subscribe to..." section in the upper right that shows what look like some intro chemistry and physics podcasts. I haven't listened to these personally, but you might want to try those out. Just try searching around in the iTunes store, and check out the reviews that the podcasts are getting. You should be able to find a few good ones that way.

here's a good Gen Chem Course videocast...I'm not sure if audio podcast is available, I haven't checked.

http://ipod.canadacast.ca/chem1000/vodcast.xml

The professor seems like a real good guy who knows what he's talking about. It's like taking a 3 credit course and he does experiments sometimes to keep the science interesting.

Enjoy.