Podcasts or Audio to review for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverblue28

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area (please let me know where to move it if it is) but I was wondering if anyone has used podcasts or audio to review for the MCAT? It obviously won't be my primary study material, but I work a few hours a week and data entry in a lab is pretty dull. I thought it might be useful to listen to some review will I work. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area (please let me know where to move it if it is) but I was wondering if anyone has used podcasts or audio to review for the MCAT? It obviously won't be my primary study material, but I work a few hours a week and data entry in a lab is pretty dull. I thought it might be useful to listen to some review will I work. Any suggestions?
Whenever I'm driving, I just listen to Khan Academy Videos for Psych since a majority of them doesn't necessarily require you to watch the screen.

Reactions: 1 users
How about audio osmosis from EK? I know these were made for the old MCAT but material is still more or less the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about audio osmosis from EK? I know these were made for the old MCAT but material is still more or less the same.

I used audio osmosis when I took MCAT 2015 last year. I thought it was helpful, but I used it while driving so it was difficult to pay attention to the road and the CD (they talk kind of fast). If you have limited time, I suggest the bio and anatomy sections instead of the physics or chemistry. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

"Van Fidel" is a comprehensive biology-review podcast -- essentially goes over everything biology-related (no biochemistry) for the MCAT. Excellent review material but boring and too many details. I found it helpful.

Hello,
I'm not sure if it is too late to respond, but audio osmosis is the predominant study material like the others said, additionally I would advise just looking up topics you don't quite know on youtube and clicking some of the first videos that come up, I did that in the car and it did wonders!
For psych I used the 50 psychology classics audio, Dr. Bloom's lecture series from Yale opencourseware (easy listening), and the psych and soc audio only from Khan academy. Also, there is an audio review on youtube for the MCAT psychology that came out that you can checkout called KDpsych.
Hope that helps!

Hello,
I'm not sure if it is too late to respond, but audio osmosis is the predominant study material like the others said, additionally I would advise just looking up topics you don't quite know on youtube and clicking some of the first videos that come up, I did that in the car and it did wonders!
For psych I used the 50 psychology classics audio, Dr. Bloom's lecture series from Yale opencourseware (easy listening), and the psych and soc audio only from Khan academy. Also, there is an audio review on youtube for the MCAT psychology that came out that you can checkout called KDpsych.
Hope that helps!
Are this videos appropriate for MCAT level understanding? I don't want to wade through hours of irrelevant to the MCAT material like I saw with Khan academy.

Are this videos appropriate for MCAT level understanding? I don't want to wade through hours of irrelevant to the MCAT material like I saw with Khan academy.
Hello AndelJ94, yes they are definitely appropriate for MCAT level understanding! I agree, I found the Khan academy ones very overbearing on time for the content they provided. So what I did with the Khan academy ones was to use this thing called MySpeed (30$) and it increased all the videos up to 3x speed in 10% increments. But I completely agree. KDpsych is much more comprehensive and has a dropbox with all the files and a word document along with it (so you can view the transcript to decide what videos are the most useful to you), you can find it all on youtube.

So, assuming that you have WIFI access (which, when I was in the lab doing busy work, I did), you can also watch YouTube videos. There are lots of channels out there that do a "MCAT Question of the Day." It's a great way to keep actively quizzing yourself, and most of these videos also have indepth explanations about the concepts afterwards. Check some out here:

mcatpods

Podcasts that review biochemistry...

Attachments

• DogstudyMCAT2015.jpg
    DogstudyMCAT2015.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 79