Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cl9090

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they still take DAT score? or MCAT?

Im in dental school and trying to change to podiatry because of saturation. Anyone with this experience?
What are some stats? How many applicants each year/acceptances?
Also I know there is no ranking but which school is considered top?

Members don't see this ad.

Im in dental school and trying to change to podiatry because of saturation. Anyone with this experience?
You will likely have to take the MCAT. Temple used to accept the DAT, but I believe they have moved away from this. Since you are already in Dental School, there could maybe be some exception, but I really am not sure and you would likely need to check with Temple. There are ~1000 applicants and ~600 seats for the 9 schools. It looks like the applicant number continues to rise. There isn't really a top school overall due to numerous factors needed to take into account. However, the school I would say has the best academics based on their board pass rate would be Midwestern, yet their clinical is not quite as busy as other schools. That's not to say you wouldn't get a good clinical education. It's thing's like this that I believe doesn't set a clear cut answer as to any school being the "best" more so than it is just finding one that suits what you are looking for. Here's an information book that should answer most of your questions on stats and other questions you may have on the process. http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/2015 CIB.pdf

Reactions: 1 users

You aren't in dental school... It looks like you applied and didn't get in anywhere. Maybe there's hope for you at touro.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You will likely have to take the MCAT. Temple used to accept the DAT, but I believe they have moved away from this. Since you are already in Dental School, there could maybe be some exception, but I really am not sure and you would likely need to check with Temple. There are ~1000 applicants and ~600 seats for the 9 schools. It looks like the applicant number continues to rise. There isn't really a top school overall due to numerous factors needed to take into account. However, the school I would say has the best academics based on their board pass rate would be Midwestern, yet their clinical is not quite as busy as other schools. That's not to say you wouldn't get a good clinical education. It's thing's like this that I believe doesn't set a clear cut answer as to any school being the "best" more so than it is just finding one that suits what you are looking for. Here's an information book that should answer most of your questions on stats and other questions you may have on the process. http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/2015 CIB.pdf

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
......Dentistry is saturated? I'd say pharm and opto are saturated...wouldn't say dentistry is any where near saturated.

And just to be "that guy".....hope you've shadowed and had a thorough understanding of what you're getting into instead of just jumping to the next best option.