POE program at St. Jude?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Div_MD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else here is doing the POE program at St. Jude during summer '08. I am a first year student and I am planning on doing anesthesia research there. I don't exactly know what I wanna go into yet but this program seemed really interesting. Anyone have any previous experience with the program? Any advice on how to get the most out of it? Thanks in advance!

-div

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else here is doing the POE program at St. Jude during summer '08. I am a first year student and I am planning on doing anesthesia research there. I don't exactly know what I wanna go into yet but this program seemed really interesting. Anyone have any previous experience with the program? Any advice on how to get the most out of it? Thanks in advance!

-div

I did it the last 2 summers, not doing it this summer because I have research lined up at my school. Nothing too different about POE than other research programs other than that its at St. Jude. You'll have alot of opportunities there as a med student to work with patients, especially since you are doing anesthesiology.

The only summer research program that I didn't get accepted to was St Jude-- it seems that they actually give some preference to undergrads, which I thought was weird.