point of care INR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreosandsake

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any of you doing this, day of procedure? and which product do you use?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
any of you doing this, day of procedure? and which product do you use?

I have used the CoaguChek device. Easy to use and convenient. I use it to monitor my Mom's INR. I got the idea to use it in the office. I obtained the necessary CLIA waver and started using in the office. A month or so later I got a letter from the State if NJ informing me that despite the CLIA waver, NJ required a lab license and proficiency testing and that I would be fined if I continued without the license even if I did not charge for the test. So, check with your state before you make any assumptions.

I have used the CoaguChek device. Easy to use and convenient. I use it to monitor my Mom's INR. I got the idea to use it in the office. I obtained the necessary CLIA waver and started using in the office. A month or so later I got a letter from the State if NJ informing me that despite the CLIA waver, NJ required a lab license and proficiency testing and that I would be fined if I continued without the license even if I did not charge for the test. So, check with your state before you make any assumptions.
interesting.

I found a product that states it is CLIA waived as well. it seemed like a monthly fee to lease the product. how are people billing for this?