Politcal Involvement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HowYouGetAnts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find extra activities that could help a med school application. With the current elections coming up I looked into how I could become a pledged/national delegate to represent my state. Long story short I ended up getting elected and represented my state at the national convention.

Obviously I'm either a democrat or republican, don't want to reveal that bit right now. So I am curious how political activities are perceived by these schools. Any thoughts are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You aren't obligated to list every activity on the application but if you wish to do so, you may. You could say "Delegate to Presidential Convention" without saying which convention although if you are committed enough to be a delegate, you might as well say which candidate you represented. Are you applying in 2017 or later?

if you are committed enough to be a delegate, you might as well say which candidate you represented. Are you applying in 2017 or later?

I was a Bernie Sanders Delegate, I don't really have a problem talking about it. And I suppose it'd be hard to really know if anyone were to make any decisions based on it. I plan on applying in 2017.

Reactions: 1 user