Poll: What is the best 2015 MCAT prep material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best 2015 MCAT test prep material?

It may be too early to get many responses. That too would be telling.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it'd be best to stick with the older MCAT books for Princeton review and add Kaplan biochemistry and PR behavioral sciences since Kaplan 2015 is too focused on content and has no passages. What do you guys think ?

I have been switching between Kaplan & EK for the last few weeks... EK is 1/3 the amount of pages (compared to Kaplan), but has no flow or detailed explanations. If you know your stuff and want a quick read, EK is the way to go. Otherwise, I personally think Kaplan is the way to go if you have time to read and need more review. Kaplan is put together well and has great flow and examples. Also, EK seemed to be missing a few AAMC foundational concepts which I noticed so far. Therefore, that pushed me over the edge with EK and pushed me to focus on Kaplan.

EK all the wayyy (as long as your knowledge of prereqs is solid)

But yes it's missing a lot of stuff

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard it'd be best to stick with the older MCAT books for Princeton review and add Kaplan biochemistry and PR behavioral sciences since Kaplan 2015 is too focused on content and has no passages. What do you guys think ?
NO! EK all the way

Reactions: 1 user
...even for the psych section? they were missing alot of the terms

TPR or Kaplan for Psych/Soc... although honestly they still missed terms, your best bet is the AAMC outline.

Also supplement EK with biochemistry from somewhere else. They had like zero biochem.

Reactions: 1 user