Polyphasic sleeping - experiment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thorben

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, a friend of mine and I are starting to try to adapte the Uberman schedule in about 9 days (08/14/2012). Uberman sleep is a type of polyphasic sleep were the sleeper needs only 2h of sleep per day (6 times 20 minutes naps). We are trying to collect as much data as possible (Mood, health (blood pressure, heartrate) aswell as making daily videologs. If you are interested and want more information visit our website: http://ubermanprotocol.tumblr.com/ Hope to see you around, Thorben

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, a friend of mine and I are starting to try to adapte the Uberman schedule in about 9 days (08/14/2012). Uberman sleep is a type of polyphasic sleep were the sleeper needs only 2h of sleep per day (6 times 20 minutes naps). We are trying to collect as much data as possible (Mood, health (blood pressure, heartrate) aswell as making daily videologs. If you are interested and want more information visit our website: http://ubermanprotocol.tumblr.com/ Hope to see you around, Thorben

some people have an irregular (I guess you call it polyphasic) sleep pattern, but it does not decrease the total amount of sleep required.

In a quick google search I did not find any rigorous scientific evidence for the Uberman schedule.

Good luck

My guess is that if you had an adequate sample size of people who abide by the uberman sleep schedule, you'll see all kinds of psychiatric manifestations and car accidents and general mayhem caused by this. I'd be interested to see some cold hard data on this, but honestly don't think it would be ethical to conduct the experiment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard about this polyphasic sleep. I'm real curious if it works. Wouldnt we all like to function on just 2 hours of sleep?!

If anyone wants to know the effects of this sleep schedule, ask any navy SEAL during BUD/S training and their experience with "combat naps" in staggered intervals.