Portable monitor with ETCO2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powermd

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our practice does in-office kypho with MAC. We usually don't need to sedate patients beyond a "moderate" level with some MDZ and a little fent. Occasionally we go a bit deeper, but we don't use prop. We're going to add ETCO2 monitoring for safety and to meet the highest standards of care for MAC.

Currently we're using a Propaq 246 (I think, maybe it's a 242) without the CO2 box. It's pretty tough to find used models with the CO2 since they've been discontinued. That would be the most economical solution though.

Do any of you have any other suggestions on a small portable monitor that can give us all the usuals plus ETCO2? Ideally something we could buy used for less than $2K. Everything we see out there that's new is $5K+.

Members don't see this ad.

Our practice does in-office kypho with MAC. We usually don't need to sedate patients beyond a "moderate" level with some MDZ and a little fent. Occasionally we go a bit deeper, but we don't use prop. We're going to add ETCO2 monitoring for safety and to meet the highest standards of care for MAC.

Currently we're using a Propaq 246 (I think, maybe it's a 242) without the CO2 box. It's pretty tough to find used models with the CO2 since they've been discontinued. That would be the most economical solution though.

Do any of you have any other suggestions on a small portable monitor that can give us all the usuals plus ETCO2? Ideally something we could buy used for less than $2K. Everything we see out there that's new is $5K+.

the best option is to buy an used Nellcor NPB 70/75/85 or Oridion microstream ;I gave got three of them in the last 20 years and they are excellent;go to dotmed.com and look for one of them;there were three a few days ago.Buy from registered professional vendors;the price is around 500/700 USD for good ones.The latest models have saturation also,but they are very noisy and cost more,around 1000 USD !They need special filterline(ORidion) and you find them on Covidien or Oridion ,but also from ebay:have a look,There are other portable etCO2 monitor on the market ;but I never teetsed them.Smiths ,Utec and so on,but they cost more .Claudio Melloni,Md,PhD,Italy

We got a Welch Allyn CS246 with the side stream CO2. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

It's our second attempt at this system, the first was DOA as far as the CO2 was concerned.