Possible to get a frog during derm residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sore eye asses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've thought a lot about frogs lately. Like, a lot a lot.

Would it be possible for me to have a frog while also having a job? Like, could I raise him right? Will he reach his potential?

All thoughts appreciated.

Thinking of Brazilian rainforest frog, but would be willing to settle for bullfrog if more tenable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I've thought a lot about frogs lately. Like, a lot a lot.

Would it be possible for me to have a frog while also having a job? Like, could I raise him right? Will he reach his potential?

All thoughts appreciated.

Thinking of Brazilian rainforest frog, but would be willing to settle for bullfrog if more tenable.

Have you really put enough thought into this? Don't be one of those people who brings home a cute little tadpole, just to ignore it once it starts being more of a pollywog. Ponds and shelters are packed with amphibians whose croaking was more than their people could bear.

Only bring home a frog if you are going to love it for life. Be a forever home for your frog.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a great idea: you'll get companionship and you can become an expert on verruca vulgaris.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a great idea: you'll get companionship and you can become an expert on verruca vulgaris.

If you get a Northern Leopard frog or any other frog from the Rana species, you can treat any future chronic leg ulcers or genital wart outbreaks. Winning!

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/AAD/50675

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1984685

Last edited:
Personally, I'm more of a fan of Toads. I mean, they have such dry, bumpy skin. Imagine the amount of lotion I can rub on it every day. Plus, my friend Neville Longbottom has a kickass toad and he's doing quite well in academics.

Reactions: 1 users
t_1114.jpg