Possible to have multiple paragraphs in work/activities section??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingjames15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I submitted my application last week, and I was looking through my work/activities section and found some formatting issues that WERE NOT THERE when I submitted. For the new sections where you have extra space to write about your "Most Significant" experiences, I had multiple paragraphs, but now looking back on them, they all run together :mad: I'm just kinda pissed because I put so much effort into making everything perfect for AMCAS but now its not exactly the way I want it to be. Did anyone else have the same problem? I am almost positive there were paragraphs in there when I was proofreading my statement; I don't know why I would have overlooked it. Also, when I wrote "Wal-Mart" as a past employer, it put "W al-Mart". What gives? Anyone else have these problems?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys and gals. I submitted my application last week, and I was looking through my work/activities section and found some formatting issues that WERE NOT THERE when I submitted. For the new sections where you have extra space to write about your "Most Significant" experiences, I had multiple paragraphs, but now looking back on them, they all run together :mad: I'm just kinda pissed because I put so much effort into making everything perfect for AMCAS but now its not exactly the way I want it to be. Did anyone else have the same problem? I am almost positive there were paragraphs in there when I was proofreading my statement; I don't know why I would have overlooked it. Also, when I wrote "Wal-Mart" as a past employer, it put "W al-Mart". What gives? Anyone else have these problems?

Issues can arise if you copy right from Word. The best bet (which you should consider for secondaries), is to first copy it into notepad so that it is in plain-text, and then into your forms.

For paragraph breaks, when I check my HTML version I had problems, but they were fine in the PDF. If this is not the case, maybe you forgot to add the extra blank line in between paragraphs.

Issues can arise if you copy right from Word. The best bet (which you should consider for secondaries), is to first copy it into notepad so that it is in plain-text, and then into your forms.

For paragraph breaks, when I check my HTML version I had problems, but they were fine in the PDF. If this is not the case, maybe you forgot to add the extra blank line in between paragraphs.

How do you view the work/activities section in PDF form?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times are you going to cross post the same exact thing? Cross posting is not allowed, per forum rules.

Yes, AMCAS can screw up text if you aren't careful and don't double check when you're copying and pasting directly from Word or another advanced word processor. Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can do about it at this point. To be fair, AMCAS did tell you to double check everything on a printed version before submission

How many times are you going to cross post the same exact thing? Cross posting is not allowed, per forum rules.

Yes, AMCAS can screw up text if you aren't careful and don't double check when you're copying and pasting directly from Word or another advanced word processor. Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can do about it at this point. To be fair, AMCAS did tell you to double check everything on a printed version before submission

Sorry about that. Didn't know it was against the rules. I just figured it was the most efficient way :)

In main menu, go to print then select PDF

Thank you so much for showing me this!! The PDF ended up having the separate paragraphs. SO thankful to see that. It's weird how the application itself doesn't come up correctly.

Do you know if the medical schools use the PDF or HTML version? I'm assuming PDF.