Possible to study for MCAT retake during the school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping to take the MCAT in early July. I'm taking 7 credits - microbiology (lectures are recorded), microbiology laboratory (meets every other week), and an intro class that meets once a week. I was hoping to volunteer once a week. Does this sound realistic? I'm a senior and plan on applying this cycle and really, really don't want to take two years off...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was hoping to take the MCAT in early July. I'm taking 7 credits - microbiology (lectures are recorded), microbiology laboratory (meets every other week), and an intro class that meets once a week. I was hoping to volunteer once a week. Does this sound realistic? I'm a senior and plan on applying this cycle and really, really don't want to take two years off...

That is plenty of time to study for the MCAT.... Plus you'll have two full months after classes end.... Finish your content during the semester and do all practice problems/test for the next 2 months