Possibly unusual question for an AdCom.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScrubsAndHoodies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)

When an admissions committee is looking at our "Work/Activities" section, do they see roughly the same thing that we see logged into AMCAS?

Specifically: when I click on "Show Details" in Work/Activities, the formatting becomes rather wonky, and extra spaces are added between commas, at other random places, etc. as opposed to the nice way I typed everything out.

Is that how you all see it? It looks terrible/hurts my eyes. If so, I couldn't imagine trying to look at multiple of these at a time. I'm not really worried about it, but I am genuinely curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to main menu-->print application (on the right hand side)--> choose print pdf application. That's how they will see it I believe.

Can any adcom corroborate this? It would really help to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you type it up in word processing software? AAMCAS only does raw, text-only lettering; if you draft it up in some other program, it can mess up the formatting.

Did you type it up in word processing software? AAMCAS only does raw, text-only lettering; if you draft it up in some other program, it can mess up the formatting.

I agree. It's best to re-type it into the AMCAS section, or write it using a software that contains no formatting like Notepad.