Post-AAMC FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterwiggles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my exam date is Sept. 12th (gahhhhhh) and I finally got around to doing the AAMC FL. Here are my percentiles
C/P (64%)
CARS (74%)
B/B (78%)
P/S (64%)

As I'm cycling through my correct and incorrect answers I realize something. If I got all the questions I was able to boil down to two answer choices my %'s for each would go up about 10-15% (especially C/P).
Not sure what happened in P/S guess TPR really missed the point with that one in my opinion.
I am aiming for 510-512 and I know this is no where near that. Any advice on how to spend this last 1.5 weeks.

Other than my AA's (I know, I know, despite several warnings it was put off, but I will make sure these are mastered by then) my mistakes are spread out (i.e. there is not lack of knowledge in content). I'm really trying to bring up everything to ~75-80%. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

This is interesting. Your post would put my AAMC FL at a 508...Meaning If I wanted to hit 512, I'd have to boost C/P and P/S by 10%.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would certainly take this projection with a grain of salt though. I used TPR and it wasn't great for P/S and even some of the biochemistry review. Physics and general chemistry gets better doing practice passage after practice passage. Khan helps quite a bit with the P/S, and I also self-taught on the theories/concepts listed in the AAMC guide.

I took 7 practice exams though. I split the first 2 up into 2 days, sort of treating it like marathon training. The best advice I can give is to take full length practice exams, but spend as much time reviewing those exams as you do taking them. It's easy to just take the practice exams and gauge where you are, but you only truly get better by ironing out your weaknesses. Focus in on the concepts that need help and keep your strengths fresh. You say that there aren't obvious concepts, but your mistakes are broadly distributed. That likely means you just need more practice. You'll see your concept weaknesses when you repeat those mistakes from test to test.

I think the mistake I made was spending too much time on content review. I neglected the fact just simply doing passages and full length exams is a skill in of itself.