This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiffany12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, I get accepted into Charles Drew University Post Bac (Record Enhancer) and KGI (Masters in biotechnology). I don't know which one to choose. I heard different stories and I want to make sure I make a good decision. Here's my stat

3.3 gpa in CC
3.4 gpa in UCLA
As of now, my BCPM is 3.0. The total unit including both science and non science (both CC and UCLA combined) I have is 215 units. I have calculated my potential science gpa should I take CDU and it would predictably be 3.25 (BCPM and supposing I get all As)

So, I don't know which program to choose among this two. I heard stories like if I take Masters, it won't increase my undergraduate GPA and instead it is viewed as graduate coursework and Med school considered uGPA highly than graduate coursework. So, I really don't know. What should I do? Please give me meaningful advices. I would really like to know.

Thanks so much all and please shed some light on my case.

Members don't see this ad.

215 units meaning credits correct? if so then you have 2 options:

1) retake all of the prereqs that you got lower than a B+ in and apply DO with a solid MCAT
2) you need to take more science classes to raise that BCPM for MD and you need to slay the MCAT (510+)

The grad courses for the masters will be weighed differently there is no combining or anything. Its two separate GPAs, autoscreens start out around a 3.0 sGPA so if you have a 3.0 its riding a dangerous ledge so to speak.

My honest advice, go DO. Retake those courses at your CC and study for the MCAT get a 503-505 and go DO. To try and bring that sGPA up with over 215 credits is going to take years and at the end there isn't a 100% sure chance you'll get in if your MCAT isn't on point.

Good Luck