post bacc info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this info on "everyone" and it probably needs to go here at pre-allopathic. I was just accepted at mcv/vcu graduate post bacc. Here is the info needed to apply. You must have a 2.8 overall,taken organic chemistry, and gotten a 1600 on gre or 1100 on first two section. You can substitute MCAT if you have 22 quantitative. There are six sections which include anatomy,biochemistry,micro,genetics,physiology,biostatics. If you need info you can e-mail at [email protected]. There is no deadline so if you have been rejected then you can still apply. Keep in mind these are all graduate course designed to give a certificate in health sciences.

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Bigbill, you sound like you should work as a recruiter for this program at MCV. Actually, i am planning on applying for this program if i dont get into med school for Fall 2001. MCV is my top choice for med school so hopefully this program will help me prove myself, academically at least, to the adcom's there. Im thinking of doing my concentration in either anatomy or biochemistry. I already know the details of what is required for admission to the program so let me know if you have any other info thats not available through their website. Look forward to your reply..take care..
smile.gif

DOCTORSAIB

I was accepted through biochemistry and the person who the chairman was Dr. Zehner. The letter sent me gave her as the chairman of the graduate recruit committee. Her e-mail is on the site as well as Dr. shelton who I think is ahead of the Department. If you apply it is alot like med-school(personal statement,references, that sort of thing) yet there is no interview. You apply to graduate studies. Hope this helps.

------------------

Members don't see this ad :)
The chairman of the graduate recruit committe is DR. zehner. My last post sounded confusing. BigBill

------------------

How much does it cost?

are those students happy about that program? Do they have a bigger chance of getting accepted by med. schools afterwards?

Thanks.

The cost given to me for tuition is 5300.00
and what they used to have on their site was that all students who got a 3.5 in the program got in. From other posters it seems that people have been happy. I like it because I can finish applying to medschool with some great stats granted if I do well from a great program. Hope this helps.

------------------