Post Bacc Online Info Session Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishRN2doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The post bacc I am applying to for either the summer or fall is having an online info session Jan 16.

For those of you who are currently enrolled or have completed one, what questions do you think I should ask? What do you wish you would have known going into your program?

I will definitely ask if they provide MCAT prep and if they give a committee LOR when applying to med school.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know what info is already available to you on their website, but what percentage of graduates eventually get into medical school would top my list

They do list the percentage of applicants that get in and average MCAT vs. the national average. I have scoured this site and the internet looking for info from someone who has successfully completed the program and no luck! All I have heard is it is rigorous and people were upset that they weren't getting straight A's.

They do list the percentage of applicants that get in and average MCAT vs. the national average. I have scoured this site and the internet looking for info from someone who has successfully completed the program and no luck! All I have heard is it is rigorous and people were upset that they weren't getting straight A's.

Ask the attrition rate--is that percentage who got in calculated with the number of people who started the program or is it the percentage who successfully completed the program who got in? Those tend to be very different numbers.

Ask what resources are available if you are struggling in classes. It's also work asking if classes are graded on a strict curve (only a certain % of the class can get an A) or if they use straight cut offs.

Also you will want to know not just if they give a committee letter, but what the requirements for it are, if there is a minimum GPA/MCAT, etc.