Post-bacc Program Chances with low sGPA due to one math course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a student studying Anthropology and Public Health. I initially thought that I wanted to get a PhD in Epidemiology but through my public health outreach and research I have become increasingly interested in medicine. I have genetics research experience, hospital volunteering, community health volunteering, and homeless shelter volunteering experience. I am also president of my school's Public Health Club.

I have a pretty high overall GPA (3.65). However, early in my career I thought I wanted to minor in Math and ended up getting a B- in a math course. I also got a B+ in the molecular biology course that I took for credit towards my public health program. I also took Physics 1 my freshman year, however my school implements pass/no credit grading for all first semester first year students, so I do not have a recorded grade for this class. Thus my sGPA is 3.0 counting the two classes.

Am I still competitive for formal post-bacc programs due to an already damaged sGPA?

Members don't see this ad.