Post-bacc to get remedy abysmal GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

broseff

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is a 2.73 and this is too low to get into an official post-bacc. I calculated that even after a full year of getting all A's, my GPA would be some atrocious number such as 2.973, below the 3.0 cutoff for the MINIMUM GPA required to get into a post-bac.

So my only option seems to be just going full steam ahead into an unofficial post-bacc, but is this even worth it? I haven't heard of ANYONE get into dental school this way. Heck I would be willing to get another BS degree if necessary, because this would only take overall 6 years, but am definitely not interested in throwing my money away if there's no chance I'm getting in regardless... I don't understand, it shouldn't be harder to get into dental school than it is to get into D.O. school....

Members don't see this ad.

I had an nearly identical gpa and went back and got a second BS with all A's. I currently have one interview. Hopefully others will follow.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA is a 2.73 and this is too low to get into an official post-bacc. I calculated that even after a full year of getting all A's, my GPA would be some atrocious number such as 2.973, below the 3.0 cutoff for the MINIMUM GPA required to get into a post-bac.

So my only option seems to be just going full steam ahead into an unofficial post-bacc, but is this even worth it? I haven't heard of ANYONE get into dental school this way. Heck I would be willing to get another BS degree if necessary, because this would only take overall 6 years, but am definitely not interested in throwing my money away if there's no chance I'm getting in regardless... I don't understand, it shouldn't be harder to get into dental school than it is to get into D.O. school....
Why shouldn't it be harder to get into dental school than D.O school?

1) Get another BS. Usually, this way is cheaper than doing informal postac through open university.
2) Personally, in terms of GPA, it might be easier to remediate for DO b/c of grade replacement. No such policy for dental admission.