Post-Baccalaureate certificate program for the University of South Carolina?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwimmingSurg20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this program and its accreditation? It only has 18 credits within its curriculum. The main problem with my application is my MCAT score. My GPA isn't horrible (cGPA - 3.4, sGPA - 3.7). Would it be more beneficial for me to stay at my school and retake some courses, do volunteer work, obviously retake the MCAT, shadow and work?
I also applied to the University of south florida's accelerated MS program. Ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

The reason it has only 18 credit hours is because it is graduate level coursework; a graduate full time load begins at 9 hours. It is my understanding that this graduate level coursework may be transferred towards a masters degree but the intent is to prepare you for medical school.

I will be applying to this program for fall of 2013. I have a solid cGPA & sGPA of 3.7 but my extracurricular acivities are lacking and I have yet to take the MCAT. I feel like this program can develop me further, especially in the biological sciences, as my degree was in an unrelated field.

I am attending this program if anyone has any questions, I will be holding off on posting a public review until the program ends in the spring. Feel free to PM me anything you might be interested in finding out about until then however.