Post december interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihopeigetit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I have a couple of interviews set for early December and early January. I read recently somewhere here that interviews later in the season have a lower success rate than interviews earlier in the season. Should I not get my hopes up for these post December interviews compared to interviews earlier in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Do your best, and don't worry about the "success rate" unless the school tells you that you are interviewing for their waitlist. If they accept you, it's an acceptance. All that matters is n= 1 = you. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Do your best, and don't worry about the "success rate" unless the school tells you that you are interviewing for their waitlist. If they accept you, it's an acceptance. All that matters is n= 1 = you. Good luck!

Thanks! Some schools will actually tell you that you're interviewing for the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. So I have a couple of interviews set for early December and early January. I read recently somewhere here that interviews later in the season have a lower success rate than interviews earlier in the season. Should I not get my hopes up for these post December interviews compared to interviews earlier in the cycle?

Is this true for non-rolling schools as well as rolling schools?

Thanks! Some schools will actually tell you that you're interviewing for the waitlist?

I believe so yes, but I think December is a bit early to be interviewing for the waitlist.

This is variable from school to school. I did hear from current students at one SUNY that their interviews after January tend to be for a (high movement) waitlist.