PhD/PsyD Post-grad jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych317

Doctoral Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently half-way through my internship year and am trying to figure out what I'm going to do post-graduation. I have applied for a few post-docs, but will also like to apply for jobs as I am ideally too burnt out to go through another training year. Ofcourse, its challenging finding a job for a licensed eligible psychologist that would provide the supervision required for licensure. What are some job sites people have found useful to aid in their search for these positions? I'm looking to work in the tri-state area, so I am more geographically limited. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Tri state area of....New York?

The VA employes people for 2 years without a license (if the job posting is listed as GS-11). So do many ICF/ID facilities and CMCHs. If you have the CV for it, faculty positions at small colleges (even visiting assistant prof contracts) will often provide opps for clinical hours through their counseling center.

To add on to erg's post, I'd strongly recommend joining your state psych association if you haven't done so already, as they'll likely have a listserve on which folks will post job openings. National professional organizations' listserves and websites are also great places to look (e.g., NAN, AACN, APA Div. 40, and INS for neuropsych as well as the npsych listserve). And there's always the Monitor, as well as general job and professional websites like Indeed.com and LinkedIn.

Members don't see this ad :)
To add on to erg's post, I'd strongly recommend joining your state psych association if you haven't done so already, as they'll likely have a listserve on which folks will post job openings. National professional organizations' listserves and websites are also great places to look (e.g., NAN, AACN, APA Div. 40, and INS for neuropsych as well as the npsych listserve). And there's always the Monitor, as well as general job and professional websites like Indeed.com and LinkedIn.

Linkedin has got to one the most useless sites on web! They have tried to be be more facebooky as of late, but up until recently, it was worthless.

Reactions: 1 users
Linkedin has got to one the most useless sites on web! They have tried to be be more facebooky as of late, but up until recently, it was worthless.

Haha I'm not going to say it's a great site, but I've seen jobs posted on there on occasion that I didn't immediately see spring up elsewhere.

Well, what kind if position are you looking for?