Post-Match Rank info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gastro20000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came across a couple of people on the interview trail claiming they knew first hand that after match day, a program receives a list of all the candidates that the program ranked which info on:
1) where they matched and
2) where those candidates ranked said program.

I think its probably BS that they find out the exact # of where you ranked them, but for personal reasons it was important to know if my home institution gets this info. All I could find on the NRMP site was this:

IMPORTANT R3 SYSTEM FEATURES
  • Applicant Match History: The Applicant Match History provides program directors and institutional officials with information about applicants’ current PGY-1 and/or PGY-2 status and whether applicants are eligible for appointment or have binding Match commitments to another programs. It also provides a record of applicants’ prior matches and any waiver and/or violation activity. This link is accessible throughout the year and can be used for single or bulk applicant searches.
  • Institution and Program Violations report: The Institution and Program Violations report is available to applicants and medical school officials and provides information about confirmed violations by institutions or programs.
  • Match Reports: The R3 system provides access to customized reports for Match participants. Reports of interest to applicants, program directors, and institutional officials include:
  • Regional Match Statistics by Specialty: displays Main Residency Match information organized by region and specialty, including the numbers of positions offered and unfilled.
  • Did My Program(s) Fill?: displays a list of the institution’s programs that participated in the Match, whether each program filled its positions, the quota, the number of applicants who matched, and the number of unfilled positions.
  • Confidential Roster of Program’s Matched Applicants: displays a list of the applicants matched to each program, as well as the number of positions offered, the number of applicants who were matched to the program, and the number of unfilled positions remaining after the Match.
  • Match Results by Ranked Applicant: displays all applicants ranked by a program, along with the location of the applicants’ matches. This report is available the Monday after Match Week.

Members don't see this ad.

I came across a couple of people on the interview trail claiming they knew first hand that after match day, a program receives a list of all the candidates that the program ranked which info on:
1) where they matched and
This is true.
2) where those candidates ranked said program.
This is bulls***.

I think its probably BS that they find out the exact # of where you ranked them, but for personal reasons it was important to know if my home institution gets this info.
Why didn't you just ask the PD then?