Post MCAT Anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR_mermaid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT this past Saturday (July 12th) and I thought afterwards I would feel relieved but to be honest, my anxiety is even worse. Any words of wisdom to stop myself from catastrophasizing?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Get drunk. Get laid. Play sports. Smoke weed. Play video games. Watch tv. Listen to music. Eat Ben and Jerry's. Live your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
OP here's a story for you. I was averaging 30 on my AAMC. I took the mcat recently and came out of feeling uneasy - I was sure I had bombed it. As the day progressed I started second guessing myself and allowed my anxiety to fester. By the end of the day I was a hair away from a full blown panic attack and feeling completely depressed and defeated. This persisted for nearly a week after the test. As more time passed I slowly started to get more confident and realized a lot of other people had trouble with the passages I had problems with. I find out my score in less than a week, so will tell you if all this worrying was for nothing, but either way, there are plenty of people who do well that still feel the way you do.

OP here's a story for you. I was averaging 30 on my AAMC. I took the mcat recently and came out of feeling uneasy - I was sure I had bombed it. As the day progressed I started second guessing myself and allowed my anxiety to fester. By the end of the day I was a hair away from a full blown panic attack and feeling completely depressed and defeated. This persisted for nearly a week after the test. As more time passed I slowly started to get more confident and realized a lot of other people had trouble with the passages I had problems with. I find out my score in less than a week, so will tell you if all this worrying was for nothing, but either way, there are plenty of people who do well that still feel the way you do.
Good luck! And thank you, it's nice to know I am not alone in how I feel.