Post-MCAT feeling of Uncertainty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Visible Ghost

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the test once and missed the 30 barrier by one point- the worst feeling ever and yes it was VR. I took the exam on November 7th, and I am more worried about 5-7 BS discrete questions as the passage questions are manageable for me.

Im having a difficult time remembering how I felt the first time I took the exam afterwards. I know I was uncertain last year. The only reason I retook the exam was to boost VR.

Question for all you people is does anyone feel the same uncertainty as me? I can not bring myself to enjoy anything (friends, playing video games, gym, etc). Looking for empathy not sympathy. I was reading some previous threads and saw the people who scored well (hoping I am one of them soon).

Im also wondering if I can get into an MD medical school with a 29.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in your shoes. I took the MCAT again to boost my VR, and I felt much more confident on the VR this time around. However, my PS section again left me unsure of how I did just like the first time. I don't think many people come out of the MCAT feeling that they nailed every section. The month wait to get the scores back is the one of the worst parts for me.

I think a 29 is an O.K. score for MD schools. If you have a good GPA then you're in good shape.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I think uncertainty isn't always a bad thing. I took my first MCAT, and came out feeling VERY uncertain and ended up with a 27, because of some bizarre verbal issue. But I mainly felt uncertain because I wasn't sure about the sciences. I think sometimes uncertainty is just your brain trying to make up a feeling for you not feeling anything about something (if that made sense).

If you were that close, then during a retake (Assuming you studied hard) you should definitely get a 30+ and a 29 is a good enough score for an MD.

Reactions: 1 user
I have had many mcat dreams. I wake up at about 4 am, and usually stay awake.

I have had nights where I can not even sleep.