post rank list submission/pre match day leisure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obiwan

Attending Physician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
since everyone is always asking about what they need to read prior to starting residency which is ILL ADVISED on this forum, thought we could have some ideas for non-medical things to occupy your minds like books, tv show binges, movies, where to go etc etc etc

i'll start.... just finished reading 12 years a slave. kinda depressing but recommended

Members don't see this ad.

been watching parks and recreation. first five seasons are free on amazine prime or netflix. love it. strongly recommended.

I've been reading a lot of travel magazines trying to decide what to do with my vacation time next academic year.

Oh wait, this is for medical students....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just watched this old South Park episode in which Cartman is totally bored waiting for the release of Nintendo Wii and freezes himself in order to travel to the future.. I'm seriously considering this possibility, any volunteer to dig me out on march 21st!?

post-19890-Cartman-pacing-come-on-come-on-wLlQ.gif

Last edited:
By the way, we all lied this season. MGH, UCSF, Hopkins, and Brigham are TERRIBLE programs, with absolutely no career options available after residency. Dead ends.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Now it's time for the post-rank-list-submission emails to program directors, right guys????

Trying to get through both The Wire and The Sopranos... A very tall order, but if I have faith in one thing on God's green earth it's my ability to binge watch television

Reactions: 1 user
Trying to get through both The Wire and The Sopranos... A very tall order, but if I have faith in one thing on God's green earth it's my ability to binge watch television
The Wire is amazing, and I am genuinely jealous whenever someone tells me that they're watching it for the first time

This season of True Detective on HBO is coming to an end in ~2 weeks, so you've all got some time to catch up!

Sopranos was kind of meh after Season 3 but once you power through the dreck that is Season 2 of the Wire, you'll find yourself rapidly nearing the end of one of the best TV series ever made. The first 1 and last 3 seasons are why Buddha made television.

True Detectives is really good. Well worth watching. Maybe I will start running and working out. Nah.

True Detectives is really good. Well worth watching. Maybe I will start running and working out. Nah.

True Detective may well be the best thing currently making new episodes. It's filling the void left in my life by Breaking Bad very effectively.