Post-Reiki and Chi-Realignment mishap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Bob

CCM Fellowship PD
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I'm used to seeing people with complaints after visiting their chiropractor.

But today I had a person come in with leg pain after getting a "spinal flush"

I will admit... I had to bite my tongue so hard during the history gathering.

Ever since this "procedure" they've been having this new excruciating pain in their leg. It was certainly a low in the history of pain seeking. "My aura realignment is keeping my dilaudid tabs from working and I think getting the medicine IV is the only way to get my pain under control"

Members don't see this ad.

Despite the fact that places I have worked have never implied "natural" medicine I have repeated requests by patients if I will perform reiki on them. I always find this odd, why would a facility paid for by their insurance and staffed by MD/PAs perform reiki? Maybe they think its a backdoor way for getting insurances to pay for alternative "medicine"?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the over/under on number of posts until some dip$hit gets on here and posts that we're insensitive, closed-minded, and have no idea what we're talking about ?

Reactions: 2 users
60430953.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Despite the fact that places I have worked have never implied "natural" medicine I have repeated requests by patients if I will perform reiki on them.

I would do it if I could use it to upcode an encounter or if I could find a procedure code for it.

It would be like the "tobacco counseling" I see some people do ("do you smoke? You should stop that", then billing for a 5 minute discussion)... I could wave my hands at them for 20 seconds, declare their chakra realigned, then watch the RVUs roll in.

Reactions: 3 users
What's the over/under on number of posts until some dip$hit gets on here and posts that we're insensitive, closed-minded, and have no idea what we're talking about ?

You're so closed minded. I think I'd feel better if I had the younger one petting my spine... heck, I might even find an odd urge to move one of my legs... I meant to say that she can rub my tail bone all she wants and it will likely leave me in a better state of mind.

Oh, that wasn't the sort of comment you were looking for?

That video is crazy. I'm gonna start using that trick to touch the butt of cute patients :vamp::vamp::vamp:

It's interesting to me how often you can just look at someone and tell that their brain does not operate in the same reality as most of society...

Reactions: 2 users
Spinal flush? Pfft! I prefer a good ritual scourging myself. :whistle:

You should call the reiki master up and tell them to handle their own complications

Reactions: 1 users
You know, I was skeptical but I just got my reiki and chi realigned and I've never felt better. So you all can go back to your "science" and "medicine" while I just, chi-reiki on down the road.

All jokes aside for a moment, a 'spinal flush' is really just a fancy new age term (designed to dupe extra money from the unsuspecting) for a simple massage along the spine, which is nothing like that super fun happy slide bulldust they're performing in that video, combined with a state of meditative relaxation. It works as a destressor, because getting a massage whilst meditating tends to do that for most people. There's really no need to throw in any sort of energy healing, meridian woo factor BS except to utilise the opportunity to suck people's wallets dry with exorbitant charges.