Post your "Chance Me" threads here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was a joke lol

Haha oh oops flew over my head. It might've flown over OP's head too though so I'm glad I clarified

Members don't see this ad.

no interviews so far and nervous. reapplicant and all supplementals and materials submitted aug 1st.
3.5 ogpa 3.45 sgpa,
100+ hours on both volunteer and shadowing
I've had jobs, and a little research experience
20AA 19 TS 18 PAT
applied to temple, tuft, case, osu, creighton, mw-az (rejection already), lousiville, nyu, uk, une, roseman

Why did MWU-AZ reject?

I agree about it being late in the cycle but since when is a 21 RC low?

Also OP, go ahead and continue the process. It's still early September and you probably still have a chance for pre December interviews!

Thanks for the input! I really hope to get some interviews soon, do you think I should add Louisville to my list?

It was a joke lol

I'm just now getting back to this thread. I probably would have been confused if I hadn't seen this first lol

Members don't see this ad :)
GP A:3.33 with upward trend, sGPA: 3.29, BCP: 3.29
AA:19 PAT: 20 QR: 17 RC: 20 BIO: 20 GC: 20 OC: 20 TS: 20
Shadowing: ~150 hours
Research: none
Volunteering: ~300 hours President of Uni's Predental Association
Residency: TX

TAMBCD
UT Houston
UTHSC San Antonio
NYU
Univ of Pacific
USC
Howard
Meharry
Tufts
Arizona
Suggestions?

I know I'm late in the cycle, but what are my chances? Should I add some more schools?

Thanks!

I feel like since I have not heard back yet, I should post my stats as well.
Application submission date: 06/20/2016
oGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.23
Masters GPA: 3.92 (I'm half way through my masters in Biological sciences. Only have two semesters left)
DAT: 19AA, 19 TS, 21 PAT, 19 QR, 18 RC
Shadowing: over 400 hours
Volunteering: over 350 hours
I also held a lot of leadership positions in different organizations through out college and was also a student athlete.
Residency:TX

All 3 TX schools
Touro
Case Western
UNE
NOVA
ATSU
MWU-IL
MWU-AZ
Boston University
West Virginia
UNLV

What do you guys think my chances are?

I think you will do just fine! We have very similar applications - close DAT scores, pretty similar undergrad GPAs, volunteering/shadowing -and I recently got interviews from BU and UNE. Your masters GPA will strengthen your academic record a good deal. Just remember that it is a holistic process, so your personal statement and supplementals will show more of who you are and your intentions. In addition to your stats, if you come across to admissions as a sincere, compassionate individual, I can't see why they wouldn't want to interview you!

The wait really sucks, but I think its too soon to start worrying. I am sure you will have some interviews by thanksgiving latest!

Reactions: 1 user
Overall 3.4
Science 3.4

Volunteer: 100 hours hospital at cardiovascular center

ECs: president and co-founder of two clubs at school. Member of club sport for 1year.

Research: 1year research for credit at UG. 2summers at NIH-SIP. Currently doing postbacc IRTA at NIH.

Other: tutored first generation high-school students, worked on campus ~25hour/wk

Shadowing: 50hours GP dentist, 50hours hematologist..both private practice.

Biggest question I have is what realistic expectations I should have for my future as a dental applicant.

Was never 100% clear of what I wanted to do. Liked all three common pursuits such as MD, DMD, PhD.
Spoke to dental adcom and my ug advisor was told that it is possible to pursue dental school.

Is there anything that is passed down from predents that I should know about?

VA resident and so I'm applying with VCU as my #1 school.
Don't come from money at all so owning private practice is not a priority.

Are there any schools that are particularly research applicant friendly?
Any schools that don't expect 1000+hours, predental clubs all 4years, dental mission trips, and wanting to be a dentist since birth?

What are my chances at Columbia, Harvard, and Penn?
-----------------
GPA Inc +/- (A+, A, A-, B+...): sGPA 3.60, cGPA 3.72
GPA w/o +/- (A, B, C...): sGPA 3.67, cGPA 3.81
DAT: 23 AA, 24 TS: 23 BIO, 23 GC, 25 OC, 20 PAT, 22 RC, 22 QR
Pre-College Credits: Lower tier state school
Undergraduate Education and Degree: Top state school
Degree: BA in romance language, I am almost fluent
Post-Bacc semester: Lower tier state school
Research: 1 year + poster presentation, no pubblications
LORs: 4 letters of rec
Personal Statement: Rewritten many times. Knock out essay.
Shadowing: 231 hours- general dentists and 1 OMFS (DMD/MD)
Work:
- Full-time at medical practice in PR and patient education (current and past summers)
- private organic chemistry tutor (2 semesters)
- private English tutor (1 semester abroad)
ECs:
- volunteer Health camp counselor (volunteer for 1 week)
- volunteer English teacher abroad (volunteer for 6 weeks)
- volunteer organic chemistry tutor
- language club (6 semesters)
- pre-dental association (5 semesters)
- sports club (5 semesters)
- pen-pal club (2 semesters)
Residence: Atlanta, GA
In my year off (now until decision made in 2017):
- Continue full-time job at med practice (40 hrs/week)
- Volunteer at a free dental clinic (3 hrs/ week)
- Volunteer at Hospice (pending)
- Volunteer at Red Cross
- Part-time Kaplan DAT teacher (pending)
- Shadow dentists/doctors (5 hrs/week)
- More research experience (possibly at GA tech, Emory or CDC)
- (hopefully some time to travel and enjoy the world!)

Chance me?
Waiting to hear of my official GPA from AADAS, but my current school GPA is a 3.575.
DAT Scores: AA- 21, TS- 20, RC- 23, PAT- 23, QR- 22.
Over 200 hours of Shadowing and over 100 of volunteering.
Research at Columbia University with credits through SUNY. (Weird I know)
Committee Letter of Recommendation.
Applying Late, but am a Junior with enough credits to graduate this year from many high school courses with credits through SUNY. (So they all count!) I still have to take Cell and Molec, Physics, Micro, and Biochem, so idk how accurate the sGPA is gonna be.

School List:
UConn
Temple
Rutgers
Touro
Columbia
NYU
SUNY Stony Brook

Chances? Any other suggestions? (Wanna stay in the North East- within one-two hours of NYC)

Chance me?
Waiting to hear of my official GPA from AADAS, but my current school GPA is a 3.575.
Applying Late, but am a Junior with enough credits to graduate this year from many high school courses with credits through SUNY. (So they all count!) I still have to take Cell and Molec, Physics, Micro, and Biochem, so idk how accurate the sGPA is gonna be.

School List:
UConn
Temple
Rutgers
Touro
Columbia
NYU
SUNY Stony Brook

Chances? Any other suggestions? (Wanna stay in the North East- within one-two hours of NYC)

BUMP

GP A:3.33 with upward trend, sGPA: 3.29, BCP: 3.29
AA:19 PAT: 20 QR: 17 RC: 20 BIO: 20 GC: 20 OC: 20 TS: 20
Shadowing: ~150 hours
Research: none
Volunteering: ~300 hours President of Uni's Predental Association
Residency: TX

TAMBCD
UT Houston
UTHSC San Antonio
NYU
Univ of Pacific
USC
Howard
Meharry
Tufts
Arizona
Suggestions?

I know I'm late in the cycle, but what are my chances? Should I add some more schools?

Thanks!

bump

Overall 3.4
Science 3.4

Volunteer: 100 hours hospital at cardiovascular center

ECs: president and co-founder of two clubs at school. Member of club sport for 1year.

Research: 1year research for credit at UG. 2summers at NIH-SIP. Currently doing postbacc IRTA at NIH.

Other: tutored first generation high-school students, worked on campus ~25hour/wk

Shadowing: 50hours GP dentist, 50hours hematologist..both private practice.

Biggest question I have is what realistic expectations I should have for my future as a dental applicant.

Was never 100% clear of what I wanted to do. Liked all three common pursuits such as MD, DMD, PhD.
Spoke to dental adcom and my ug advisor was told that it is possible to pursue dental school.

Is there anything that is passed down from predents that I should know about?

VA resident and so I'm applying with VCU as my #1 school.
Don't come from money at all so owning private practice is not a priority.

Are there any schools that are particularly research applicant friendly?
Any schools that don't expect 1000+hours, predental clubs all 4years, dental mission trips, and wanting to be a dentist since birth?
Schools that offer DMD/PhD combined degree value research the most. This you have a good shot, especially considering your current postbac plan.

What are my chances at Columbia, Harvard, and Penn?
-----------------
GPA Inc +/- (A+, A, A-, B+...): sGPA 3.60, cGPA 3.72
GPA w/o +/- (A, B, C...): sGPA 3.67, cGPA 3.81
DAT: 23 AA, 24 TS: 23 BIO, 23 GC, 25 OC, 20 PAT, 22 RC, 22 QR
Pre-College Credits: Lower tier state school
Undergraduate Education and Degree: Top state school
Degree: BA in romance language, I am almost fluent
Post-Bacc semester: Lower tier state school
Research: 1 year + poster presentation, no pubblications
LORs: 4 letters of rec
Personal Statement: Rewritten many times. Knock out essay.
Shadowing: 231 hours- general dentists and 1 OMFS (DMD/MD)
Work:
- Full-time at medical practice in PR and patient education (current and past summers)
- private organic chemistry tutor (2 semesters)
- private English tutor (1 semester abroad)
ECs:
- volunteer Health camp counselor (volunteer for 1 week)
- volunteer English teacher abroad (volunteer for 6 weeks)
- volunteer organic chemistry tutor
- language club (6 semesters)
- pre-dental association (5 semesters)
- sports club (5 semesters)
- pen-pal club (2 semesters)
Residence: Atlanta, GA
In my year off (now until decision made in 2017):
- Continue full-time job at med practice (40 hrs/week)
- Volunteer at a free dental clinic (3 hrs/ week)
- Volunteer at Hospice (pending)
- Volunteer at Red Cross
- Part-time Kaplan DAT teacher (pending)
- Shadow dentists/doctors (5 hrs/week)
- More research experience (possibly at GA tech, Emory or CDC)
- (hopefully some time to travel and enjoy the world!)
Columbia/Penn you have great chances at interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if you received an interview at Harvard either.. they love applicants who have their degrees in something other than the sciences. With respect to Harvard, your greatest disadvantage is your lack of research experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chance me?

School List:
UConn
Temple
Rutgers
Touro
Columbia
NYU
SUNY Stony Brook

Excellent shot at the NY schools, especially Stony Brook, Rutgers, NYU and Touro (no Buffalo?). UConn greatly favors IS/regional applicants so your chances are more limited there. Your TS is also lower than UConn/Columbia's averages. Can't really comment on Temple.

What are my chances??
I'm a re-applicant

oGPA: 3.48
sGPA: 3.25

3rd time taking DAT:
20 AA/20 TS/19 BIO/21 GC/20 OC/21 PAT/ 23 RC/16 QR

100+ dental shadowing hours including volunteering in an underserved community
Have several volunteer hours with different organizations
50 cc credits from high school and some summer courses but the majority of pre-reqs from 4 year university
Played on competitive sports team at the 4 year university

Submitted my instate application early July, out of state early August, but didn't retake my DAT until Aug 11th. Scores sent out to schools Aug 25th.
Still waiting and haven't heard anything other than supplementals...

Texas Resident

School list:
All 3 Texas schools
Colorado
Louisville
Midwestern-IL
Midwestern-AR

Only received UDM interview invite so far, and Western changed my status to "on hold, would check it periodically later"(I guess it's like a waitlist). I guess my low RC score hurts my application a lot.

Application submission date: 07/16/2016
oGPA: 3.79
sGPA: 3.73
DAT: 23AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT, 22 QR, 15 RC
Shadowing: about 100 hours
Volunteering: about 390 hours
A lot of research hours, two co-first author publications
Residency: International student attended school in CA
transferred from CC to UC
Have one-year work experience

I called schools to check and applied only to the schools that didn't have a minimum subsection requirement. They said they viewed the application as a whole.
Case Western
U Penn
Columbia
NYU
USC
U Michigan
UDM
UCSF
UOP
Western
U Connecticut

What do you guys think my chances are? (I guess I could have a better chance for USC and NYU because they are expensive private schools)
Have any international students heard back from any schools?
I'm kind of anxious now and really worried that my low RC score would shut the door.
Maybe I should apply for more schools in the middle part?
What do you guys think?
What did the status say before it changed to On Hold?

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

The whole "view application as a whole" is malarchy. Your app is great, but that RC is telling schools you cannot read and interpret information at a fast pace, retain the info, and really understand it well enough to answer the tricky questions. The AA and TS just show how well you memorized over the course of studying for the exam. Honestly, you may need to retake and I know that's something you may not want to hear. I personally wouldn't retake it and just take the gamble.

What are my chances??
I'm a re-applicant

3rd time taking DAT:

50 cc credits from high school and some summer courses but the majority of pre-reqs from 4 year university

Submitted my instate application early July, out of state early August, but didn't retake my DAT until Aug 11th. Scores sent out to schools Aug 25th.

Texas Resident

School list:
All 3 Texas schools
Colorado
Louisville
Midwestern-IL
Midwestern-AR

I thought Texas took all their in-staters? No reason why you shouldn't get in as well.

The whole "view application as a whole" is malarchy. Your app is great, but that RC is telling schools you cannot read and interpret information at a fast pace, retain the info, and really understand it well enough to answer the tricky questions. The AA and TS just show how well you memorized over the course of studying for the exam. Honestly, you may need to retake and I know that's something you may not want to hear. I personally wouldn't retake it and just take the gamble.

A 15RC is below the cutoff of a bunch of schools but damn, I don't know if would retake a 23AA...

A 15RC is below the cutoff of a bunch of schools but damn, I don't know if would retake a 23AA...

It's crazy because he obviously has a phenomenal memorization skill and probably even has photographic memory! The only thing holding him back is that RC which puts a huge gap into thinking he or she is not good with processing new information--only information he/she has had in front of them for many months or years. This person needs to prove them wrong. I hope at least one school takes a shot and gives him/her a chance though.

I thought Texas took all their in-staters? No reason why you shouldn't get in as well.

Idk what you mean about taking all of the in staters. I think they prefer in state people but not if my stats are lower. Just worried about my GPA Not being high enough. Plus I've heard the QR doesn't really matter but I feel like it might have an affect on my chances.

Idk what you mean about taking all of the in staters. I think they prefer in state people but not if my stats are lower. Just worried about my GPA Not being high enough. Plus I've heard the QR doesn't really matter but I feel like it might have an affect on my chances.

Well I certainly don't mean they'll take you in if you have a pulse, but if you apply realistically with decent stats, then most Texans get into their own state school. That's the impression I was under anyway, but I could be absolutely incorrect.

Well I certainly don't mean they'll take you in if you have a pulse, but if you apply realistically with decent stats, then most Texans get into their own state school. That's the impression I was under anyway, but I could be absolutely incorrect.

Oh okay I see what you meant now! I have heard that too, I just wasn't sure if I would be competitive enough with my stats

Yea, I see what you mean. My concern is: reading is a long-term effort, so I don't think I can improve a lot over a short period of time, and I've been a slow reader for so many years. I know it's a huge disadvantage :( But is the fast reading and understanding ability that important in dental school? I've survived undergrad with acceptable gpa, will schools take this into account? (like even though I read slowly, I'm willing to put more time into it). For retaking the exam, I may even get lower on other sections, and I have already forgotten a bunch of biology details now. Plus, it's a painful process to prepare for the exam.

Reactions: 1 users
It's crazy because he obviously has a phenomenal memorization skill and probably even has photographic memory! The only thing holding him back is that RC which puts a huge gap into thinking he or she is not good with processing new information--only information he/she has had in front of them for many months or years. This person needs to prove them wrong. I hope at least one school takes a shot and gives him/her a chance though.
Not memorization but comprehension:) I think actually only Biology requires a lot of memorizations.

Do you mean some schools may say they don't have cutoffs but they actually do?

I just mean some schools may not explicitly say they have cutoffs but "prefer" above a certain number. But in the case of a 23AA, they may overlook the RC score. That's just my speculation though. Each school is different.

Do you mean some schools may say they don't have cutoffs but they actually do?
Most schools on their website state they have cutoffs, while others say that they don't require a certain DAT or GPA. If it doesn't say anything like that on the website I would call and ask the school if they have a cutoff.

Not memorization but comprehension:) I think actually only Biology requires a lot of memorizations.

I argue they are all memorization. PV=nRT is in my brain because I memorized the formula and what each letter stands for as well as the constant value. The only section that tests comprehension of information under time restricted scrutiny is the RC. You can't memorize for that section.

Yea, I see what you mean. My concern is: reading is a long-term effort, so I don't think I can improve a lot over a short period of time, and I've been a slow reader for so many years. I know it's a huge disadvantage :( But is the fast reading and understanding ability that important in dental school? I've survived undergrad with acceptable gpa, will schools take this into account? (like even though I read slowly, I'm willing to put more time into it). For retaking the exam, I may even get lower on other sections, and I have already forgotten a bunch of biology details now. Plus, it's a painful process to prepare for the exam.

I totally get how you feel. I personally wouldn't retake it unless I was not accepted this year and more than half the schools I applied said the reason was because of that one section.

What are my chances??
I'm a re-applicant

3rd time taking DAT:

Texas Resident

School list:
All 3 Texas schools
Colorado
Louisville
Midwestern-IL
Midwestern-AR

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
GPA:oops:GPA: 3.19 nsGPA:2.98 sGPA: ~3.34 (BCP: 3.31)
AA:20 PAT: 23 QR: 19 RC: 22 BIO: 21 GC: 20 OC: 18 TS: 20
shadowing: ~100 hours general dentist
Work: Car Salesman throughout college, 1 year at non-profit working with children, now in a program as a dental assistant full time.
Residency: AR
Volunteering: ~100 hours from various things, Teaching assistant for an upper division chemistry course.
EC: President of Dental society in college, won various martial arts competitions.
Research: ~300 hours in a chemistry lab
~300 in a neuropsychology lab as a lab technician.

School list:
LECOM
Marquette
MWU
Missouri
NYU
Temple
UL
Colorado
Tufts
UL
NEB
USC
UTHSC

GPA:oops:GPA: 3.19 nsGPA:2.98 sGPA: ~3.34 (BCP: 3.31)
AA:20 PAT: 23 QR: 19 RC: 22 BIO: 21 GC: 20 OC: 18 TS: 20
shadowing: ~100 hours general dentist
Work: Car Salesman throughout college, 1 year at non-profit working with children, now in a program as a dental assistant full time.
Residency: AR
Volunteering: ~100 hours from various things, Teaching assistant for an upper division chemistry course.
EC: President of Dental society in college, won various martial arts competitions.
Research: ~300 hours in a chemistry lab
~300 in a neuropsychology lab as a lab technician.

School list:
LECOM
Marquette
MWU
Missouri
NYU
Temple
UL
Colorado
Tufts
UL
NEB
USC
UTHSC

BUMP

I haven't received any interviews yet...can someone tell me if my dat score (QR) might be the reason?

Total GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.8

TS: 21
AA: 20
Bio: 22
Gen Chem: 19
Orgo: 22
Reading: 20
PAT: 20
QR: 16 (I think this is the problem)

Over 300 shadowing
200 dental volunteer
Dental mission
Year of research

Do you think I'm not getting interviews because of the 16 in QR? I'm just trying to determine if this is good enough, or If I need to retake it
Sure that QR isn't definitely the hottest. But I mean you have a pretty good AA and TS and definitely a good GPA. Your EC's are solid.. I can only think of two things to ask you: when did you complete your app and did you check with the schools you applied to whether or not they have any cutoffs?

no interviews so far and nervous. reapplicant and all supplementals and materials submitted aug 1st.
3.5 ogpa 3.45 sgpa,
100+ hours on both volunteer and shadowing
I've had jobs, and a little research experience
20AA 19 TS 18 PAT
applied to temple, tuft, case, osu, creighton, mw-az (rejection already), lousiville, nyu, uk, une, roseman
What kind of volunteering have you done? Also, were you able to get any feedback about why you couldn't get in last cycle? Hoping you get in this cycle, don't worry stay positive :)

So.. I took my DAT August 23, 2016.. But ADA had messed up my date of birth and they had to resend the scores again. Sigh.. It took 2 weeks for the previous scores to post but another week to send out for this error. But it was uploaded on September 12. Sigh.. oh well. Hoping to hear news soon. Wanted to know what my chances were

GPAs:
OGPA: 3.6 SGPA/BCP GPA: 3.4 Non-Sci GPA: 3.9

DAT: 20 AA/ 24 RC/ 21 TS /18 QR and PAT

EC:
170 hours Research Assistant in the Oral Cancer research department at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
600 hours general volunteering hours (450 of those hours ASDA membership (1 year as Vice President))
250 hours dentistry related volunteering experience (100 of them were done in 7 developing european countries)
360 hours Registered Dental Assistant at a General Dentist office
2000 hours of work all 4 years (cause gap year and 117 of the hours were Tutoring for Grade 5 elementary school math and science (undeserved district))

Schools:
Boston
Tufts
Pittsburgh
UMichigan
UDM
Touro
NYU
Case Western
MWU IL
Tennessee
NOVA
LECOM
UBuffalo
Louisville
Kentucky

GPA: 3.1 oGPA 3.1 sGPA
DAT: 20AA 19TS 20Bio 20Gchem 18Orgo 22PA 19RC 22QR
Shadowing: 200 hours with 2 general dentists and a pediatric
Volunteering: 200 volunteer hours
Work: Worked each summer except my senior year I worked a campus job(15hr/week) during the school year as well. I also worked in a research lab for a semester sophomore year(no publications)
Residency: Texas

Enrolling in 1-year masters program at the same time I apply to dental school. Good LORs and Personal statement

Plan on applying to Texas schools and UNE. I understand that my GPA is low, and that's why I'm doing the masters program. What're my chances if I apply with this undergrad GPA and the academic update that'll include my summer and fall grades from the master's program(assuming good)? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention. My freshman year GPA was a 1.85. After sophomore year my GPA has averaged a 3.6... It's been a long uphill road to say the least
Bump cuz why not

Bump cuz why not
I'm from Texas too :D An honest opinion, your DAT is pretty much like mine and decent. Your ECs are looking good to me but I think with that GPA your masters program is def a good idea. Schools definitely consider masters to be a significant add on to your app and they really do look at the GPA from that program so I say do great in the program and apply and you honestly could get in. Especially private schools.

Now you can chance me thx loll :D

I'm from Texas too :D An honest opinion, your DAT is pretty much like mine and decent. Your ECs are looking good to me but I think with that GPA your masters program is def a good idea. Schools definitely consider masters to be a significant add on to your app and they really do look at the GPA from that program so I say do great in the program and apply and you honestly could get in. Especially private schools.

Now you can chance me thx loll :D
Thanks for the feedback. You should have no issues getting some interviews and at least one acceptance. Goodluck!

Hi I would like to get your opinion guys. I am a reapplicant and have received two interviews last year and was wait-listed at two schools. I am a NY resident.
Biology Major
sGPA: 3.1
oGPA: 3.3
1st DAT 19 AA, 21 TS
2nd DAT 18 AA, 19 TS
I am planning to retake my DAT again in November
Over 200 hours of shadowing experience
1000 hours in volunteer work
-Also work experience in a dental office

I would like to apply to these schools:

Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona (MWU) AZ
The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (COL) CO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine (LECOM-FL) F
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (MWU-IL)
University of Louisville School of Dentistry (UL) KY
University of Maryland School of Dentistry (MYD) MD
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry (UDM) MI
Creighton University School of Dentistry (CRE) NE
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry (NEB)
University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine (UNLV)
New York University College of Dentistry (NYU)
Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College NY
University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (BUF) NY
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University (TEMP) PA
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine (USN) UT

UndergradGPA: 3.45 (positive trend) nsGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.33
SMP(Master's)GPA: 4.11
CumulativeGPA: 3.62
AA:25 PAT: 20 QR: 25 RC: 25 BIO: 24 GC: 26 OC: 25 TS: 25
Shadowing: ~200 hours
Work: Resident Advisor in College, 1 year at AmeriCorps Program in education, Tutor
Residency: CA
Volunteering: ~2000 hours from AmeriCorps, Health Educator at local clinic
EC: Have run four marathons?
Research: Literature-review thesis, otherwise, no

School list:
UCLA
UCSF
Columbia
NYU
Harvard
Tufts
U Michigan
Penn
UoP
UW
USC
Western

AADSAS Mail-out date: 8/12

Only one II so far. Pretty nervous. Thank you!

UndergradGPA: 3.45 (positive trend) nsGPA: 3.85 sGPA: 3.33
SMP(Master's)GPA: 4.11
CumulativeGPA: 3.62
AA:25 PAT: 20 QR: 25 RC: 25 BIO: 24 GC: 26 OC: 25 TS: 25
Shadowing: ~200 hours
Work: Resident Advisor in College, 1 year at AmeriCorps Program in education, Tutor
Residency: CA
Volunteering: ~2000 hours from AmeriCorps, Health Educator at local clinic
EC: Have run four marathons?
Research: Literature-review thesis, otherwise, no

School list:
UCLA
UCSF
Columbia
NYU
Harvard
Tufts
U Michigan
Penn
UoP
UW
USC
Western

AADSAS Mail-out date: 8/12

Only one II so far. Pretty nervous. Thank you!
Have you applied to medical school before?

Have you applied to medical school before?

Yes, unfortunately. Waitlisted at 2 schools, and genuinely not interested anymore lol. How could you tell? and does that have a significant impact on me getting into dental school? I understand how it may look, but is it bad enough to literally prevent admission?

Yes, unfortunately. Waitlisted at 2 schools, and genuinely not interested anymore lol. How could you tell? and does that have a significant impact on me getting into dental school? I understand how it may look, but is it bad enough to literally prevent admission?
No it isn't gonna prevent admissions if anything it'll be something adcoms ask you and maybe your personal statement is a lot more interesting about why the career switch. Do you have a lot of dental related experience in terms of EC's? I know schools wanna see you're gonna stick to dentistry and that shows through committing to more and more dental related EC's. Your DAT is insane and your gpa is great. Just think your EC's should reflect that dentistry is definitely your only interest now. An adcom at the dental school in Houston told me this info by the way of ECs for those switching from medicine to dentistry
Ps: I know the Ivy leagues are super heavy on research and ECs ... And UCLA and UPenn

Also I'd say just wait a little longer. You applied relatively more recently and you should get a lot more interviews

Hi I would like to get your opinion guys. I am a reapplicant and have received two interviews last year and was wait-listed at two schools. I am a NY resident.
Biology Major
1st DAT 19 AA, 21 TS
2nd DAT 18 AA, 19 TS

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine (LECOM-FL) F
You have a lot of private schools on your list which is good. It'll maximize your chances. Did you apply late last year? If you applied earlier this cycle and improved your app you should be a little more better off. How did you improve from last cycle? And Honestly, if you don't get in this cycle worst case try a post-bacc after your retake? I think that would be a really good idea. Also if you applied early id say it'll help you a little more.

You have a lot of private schools on your list which is good. It'll maximize your chances. Did you apply late last year? If you applied earlier this cycle and improved your app you should be a little more better off. How did you improve from last cycle? And Honestly, if you don't get in this cycle worst case try a post-bacc after your retake? I think that would be a really good idea. Also if you applied early id say it'll help you a little more.
I applied late August and this cycle I am applying next week. I know it is late but I was waitlisted till the very end so i couldn't apply earlier. My experiences widened and I am planning on scoring higher on the DAT ! (hopefully 3rd times the charm !)
Thanks for replying to my post !

Biology Major
1st DAT 19 AA, 21 TS
2nd DAT 18 AA, 19 TS

What happened btwn the first and 2nd attempts on the DAT? Maybe you can postbacc to improve your GPAs

What happened btwn the first and 2nd attempts on the DAT? Maybe you can postbacc to improve your GPAs
I wish I knew myself! Maybe it was my nervousness that got to me and the pressure I felt of retaking it. I also got a lot of topics on the science sections that I should have went over more throughly while studying.