blank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted556323

Blank

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it? On-line modules with multiple-choice quizzes?

I've never heard of it and I'm guessing not many people have. Maybe that's why no one has responded?

Please explain to me the advantages of having MTM certification? That's what a PharmD is for.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for the course as well. It covers a number of different disease states. And while even though this may have been covered in a PharmD, it never hurts to refresh your knowledge.

njrph007: Do you mean the AphA certificate program or the MTM Master Degree from UF? The AphA certificate program only lasts 1 day and it covers several disease states? Please let me know cause I am considering doing this certificate. THanks

This is the program I am referring to: http://www.powerpak.com/mtm/
THanks! I looked over the outline and it looks pretty solid and the faculty also looks decent. However, I am wondering the certificate they give you: does it say Power Pak on it? Cause if it does, I'd image it wouldn't look as good as the one from AphA.
I can't find any information regarding the setup of this program (I guess I have to register in order to do so?) Is it entirely online? THe AphA is a live seminar and I don't see that they cover again the systemic disease states like the PowerPak does and I'd really like to have this review again. What is the quality of the material from this PowerPak, you know? I wonder if it's just basic or advanced with clinical pearls we can use. Thanks again for the reply

I'm not sure regarding the information provided by powerpak. But when a recruiter or employer look at your resume, I'm sure it won't make much difference where you received the certification but more so that you have it.

Did anybody's pharmacy get the promotional voucher code from
them?

Was waiting for the APHA one, but was considering powerpak's. The best thing would be to hang tight until mtm really takes off and see if there is a real difference professionally

Anyone have the voucher?
FOUND A VOUCHER: based on Washington State Pharmacy Assoc. or something. Code is:
WSPA-KLGQU get's it down from $80 to $65 and it worked for me today (8/28/17)

Did anybody's pharmacy get the promotional voucher code from
them?
FOUND A VOUCHER: based on Washington State Pharmacy Assoc. or something. Code is:
WSPA-KLGQU get's it down from $80 to $65 and it worked for me today (8/28/17)

If we have our pharmD why do we need to get all these "certifications"? Someone in another thread asked about a "smoking cessation" certificate. That sounds like something that means less than 1 individual class in pharmacy school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Either way you get some CE out of it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Other than the CE, and the invaluable experience of learning, I doubt there is a lot of benefit to these certifications.

I've never heard of the Power Point one, so if I were hiring, I would wonder why this guy is listing his CE on his resume, like who cares? As for the APHA one, I respect APHA programs, but I think that is one of the last things a hiring employer is going to be looking at......maybe if you were completely identical in all other respects with the other person they were considering to hire, then that would give you the edge, but that is unlikely to be the case.