Poznan University of Medical Sciences a Scam? I need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biogenscien

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in applying to PUMS but after being asked to send all my information including passport copy I got a bit paranoid. I called the Mercy college to ask if they knew about PUMS since the interview is held there and they said that they have never heard of that school and that they aren't affiliated with any Polish school. Also, I looked up online the address where I have to send all my information and application, and it comes up as a private home. Could anyone tell me what's the address where you sent your applications. Also, was the interview held in the Mercy college?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

totally legit school

USA Office Contact Information:

108 Village Square #402
Somers NY, 10589
Normal Hours of Operation: M-F 9AM-4:30PM Eastern Standard Time(GMT-5)
USA Office Main Number: +1-914-277-2300
USA Office Fax Number: +1-914-277-7305
USA Office Poznan Number via SkypeOut(extended ring time): +48-61-660-1589
Skype(offline forward): pumsny

check out this website:
http://www.mdprogram.com/html/contactinfo.shtml

Hello.

I spent 5 weeks travelling in eastern europe this summer, looking at most possible medical schools and towns. i dont think poznan would be a good place to study. if you want a large city, krakow in poland is great. if you want a small city, pecs in hungary is great.

oliver
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am interested in applying to PUMS but after being asked to send all my information including passport copy I got a bit paranoid. I called the Mercy college to ask if they knew about PUMS since the interview is held there and they said that they have never heard of that school and that they aren't affiliated with any Polish school. Also, I looked up online the address where I have to send all my information and application, and it comes up as a private home. Could anyone tell me what's the address where you sent your applications. Also, was the interview held in the Mercy college?
Thank you

Poznan University of Medical Sciences

www.amp.edu.pl
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=poznan university of medical sciences

Hello I stumbled upon this forum and just thought I would add that I am a graduate of PUMS in 2008 and just completed my residency in Pediatrics. Today just completed my first day of fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I can tell you that people from PUMS have gone on to do great things. It is a great school and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

I'm a current student in the 6 year english program at PUMS :)

Its voted the best medical school in Poland 4-5 times since 2000.

Here is one of the most famous graduates from PUMS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Siemionow

Reactions: 1 user
heya fellas its a nice thread!!!!!!!!
hello frm ukraine
cou;d some please tell me fee structure for master in surgery in pums
and so i get stupend while i a, studying masters

how much will be the living expense
i am looking forward to do my masters in europe
plz guide me thanks a lot in advance
[email protected]

heya fellas its a nice thread!!!!!!!!
hello frm ukraine
cou;d some please tell me fee structure for master in surgery in pums
and so i get stupend while i a, studying masters

how much will be the living expense
i am looking forward to do my masters in europe
plz guide me thanks a lot in advance
[email protected]

Hello I stumbled upon this forum and just thought I would add that I am a graduate of PUMS in 2008 and just completed my residency in Pediatrics. Today just completed my first day of fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I can tell you that people from PUMS have gone on to do great things. It is a great school and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.
Hi! I was wondering how PUMS worked.. I don't come from money and I've always wanted to be a dentist, so Poland seemed perfect, but I'm not too sure. First, can you really get accepting straight out of high school, and what grades would you need? Also, are you now practicing in North America or Europe.. I'd prefer to stay in the US, and was wondering how difficult it would be to get back into a US dental school from PUMS.. Basically, does going to Poland save money, and is it a good education. Thank you :)

Hi! I was wondering how PUMS worked.. I don't come from money and I've always wanted to be a dentist, so Poland seemed perfect, but I'm not too sure. First, can you really get accepting straight out of high school, and what grades would you need? Also, are you now practicing in North America or Europe.. I'd prefer to stay in the US, and was wondering how difficult it would be to get back into a US dental school from PUMS.. Basically, does going to Poland save money, and is it a good education. Thank you :)

No. You'd have to do a 2 year advanced standing program, which costs as much as 4 years of a state dental school or more.
As for transfers, 12 students in total transferred to US dental schools in 2014-2015, and my guess is that the transfer was between US schools.
Overall, it's not a good idea. Do your undergrad in US, get good grades, and get into a state school.

Good luck!

I have a great friend who went to Poznan for medical school. He is on faculty at a major University in the southeast. And, he is one of the smartest and best-trained physicians I know.

-Skip

P.S. It's not for everybody, though.