PP ACT model supervisory ratios

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GA8314

Regaining my sanity
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We all know that 4 room supervision is the way to maximize revenue. We can all agree that this poses a lot of challenges, such as the ability to be hands on in any appreciable way, very tough time management and pace if you have 4 GA rooms, and if any of those are regional block rooms for post op pain.

Bottom line, running 4 rooms can be hard. My group finds that running 3 rooms with CRNA's is more ideal in all ways other than maximizing billing.

2 rooms for 2 higher acuity cases (a heart and a major vascular room), though you could probably see IVMAC patients for a 3rd room if you wanted.

Chime in on the structure within your group. I'm interested to see what else is being done out there....

Members don't see this ad.

we range from between 2:1 to 4:1 depending on complexity. Usually only start the day with max of 3 rooms and don't ever go up to 4 until later in the day when longer cases are running.

Members don't see this ad :)
10:1. Never see the patients, just sign the charts. Sweet cash money.

I know you are joking but if you run an ACT practice well, you are way more than a chart signer. I despise the chart signers of our profession.

Reactions: 1 user
We run 3:1 most of the time when we are busy during the day, but are often 4:1 later in the day. The way our staffing model works we are, at most, 3:1 at night and on weekends. We are a very solid medical direction ACT practice with a mix of AA's and CRNA's. All regional and central lines (which we do very few of) are done by the MD's. It is very workable and doable, but requires good organization and commitment from everyone.