PPS for jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bacillus1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering signing up for PPS, but I don't want to do a PGY2. Just want to do it for jobs. Does anyone have any experience with trying to find jobs with PPS, especially with just a PGY1 and no PGY2? Is it worth it for me to fork over the money for it? I'm interested in am care jobs, but I'll take inpatient if the right job arises or faculty if anyone wants to hire with only a PGY1 but with teaching experience. My residency is half inpatient and half outpatient, so I could be possibly qualified for both inpatient and outpatient.

Members don't see this ad.

I would absolutely do Pps for jobs.

It's how I got mine.

jesus, job hunt already?

i feel like i barely did crap the past 3 months...granted, i'll be halfway done in december, but i feel more like "oh hai i'm a pharm school graduate with 6 months of residency done, a hyuk."

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't really help for job nor PGY-2s....

I would also recommend using PPS for jobs. It's how I found my job and I wouldn't have found it had I not gone through PPS.

uh... what is pps?

It's a thing they have at Midyear where they interview for residencies and jobs. It's minimally useful for PGY1 (though a few programs recruit heavily through it), but more useful for fellowships, PGY2s...and I guess jobs. Google careerpharm PPS.