Practice for all you wanna-be doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMS

in the scheme of things
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a sore throat, mucus galore, aches, tiredness..
Not sure if I have a fever or not, my thermometer says 95.9
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

Members don't see this ad.

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?
uh, you're exhausted and probably have a cold. Go get some rest!! Oh yes, and drink 7-up...that always makes me feel like I'm getting better.

You're either having an MI or going into labor-- 500cc's of morphine, stat!

Members don't see this ad :)
ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

maybe you're getting hypothermia, have you been playing outside naked again?

Are you sexually active? Perhaps you have an STD. Hope that helps.

Yeah I was gonna go with either an STD or strep throat. I know that whenever I went to my Student Health Cetner, you either had a STD or strep throat, no matter what your symptoms were. Come in coughing your lungs up - STD. Have a rash all over your arms and legs - strep throat. Where do they get these guys from? :p

Okay, I'm wearing sunglasses now, my eyes are sore.
Hope this helps the diagnosis.

Clearly you have primary systemic amyloidosis. Idiots.

Well, i had a final this morning and was off the computer for a few hours.
Could it be SDN withdrawal?

ingamina said:

albinism

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it Penis at 12 syndrome?

Scott

Ps. that **** is real. Learned about it in Endocrinolgoy.

ingamina said:
Supports my diagnosis: Worcestershire sauce-induced pinkeye zombieism.

consequences of insomnia + stress.

liverotcod said:
Supports my diagnosis: Worcestershire sauce-induced pinkeye zombieism.

The reported temperature seems to fit this diagnosis if it was taken rectally.

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?
Can I get another set of vital every 5 minutes?

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

early symptoms of flu??? did u get ur flu shot....too bad theyre not readily available....

sounds like the flu but they say when one contracts HIV there is a breif period of flu like illness after infection, so yeah youre probably going to get AIDS.

drguy22 said:
early symptoms of flu??? did u get ur flu shot....too bad theyre not readily available....

I could get one if I want, I volunteer in an ER. They don't work, though, because you never know the strain, isn't that right?.. ugh...
checking my temp again ... 95.1
Why do these digital things never work?
Guess I can go ahead and make hamburger patties for the potluck. *sniff*

I am starting to get an earache now.. it's probably strep. :(

ingamina said:
I could get one if I want, I volunteer in an ER. They don't work, though, because you never know the strain, isn't that right?.. ugh...

yes...but.....the strain that is vaccinated against is the predominant strain.....if this is the flu i think u can go within 48 hrs of gettin and get antivirals.

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

Your heart rate is a tad low and your temp is also a little low. Sounds like maybe a cold?

To the OP: Sounds like you have about 250$ in medical bills coming your way.

ingamina said:

Did you say hamburger?! You are a walking cesspool of E. Coli 0157!!!

drguy22 said:
yes...but.....the strain that is vaccinated against is the predominant strain.....if this is the flu i think u can go within 48 hrs of gettin and get antivirals.

Yeah usually they work. Only last year they used the wrong strain by accident (oops) because they guessed wrong, and I got the shot like always but I still got the flu and then I had pneumonia. But so far this year I haven't had the flu and I had the shot so maybe it's the right one :p
The one year I didn't get the shot, when I was a freshman, I got the flu and was in bed for a week. So I always get vaccinated. My body just seems to love flu virus for some reason...

oh yeah I forgot, that's why I got a C in physics I. advice: don't be stoic, get a doctor's note if you are sick and don't take exams!

Come to think of it, maybe it's Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome. Your low temperature is one of the primary symptoms. Other symptoms do include allergies, muscular and joint aches, low pulse rate, sore throat, fatigue and others. If you still have these symptoms now, then it may be worth looking into.

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

Having been an emt for 5+ years, I can only conclude that your numbers are inaccurate. If you have a heart rate and temp that low, you are in serious medical distress. According to those figures, you have bradycardia and hypothermia. However, Im thinking this thread is just for attention. I responded, so mission accomplished. :sleep:

The heart rate of 58, while technically bradycardia, may not be low for this indiviual. I think it matters what his typical at rest pulse is; runners and other endurance athletes commonly have at rest heart rates in the 50s.

opinionkitten said:
sounds like the flu but they say when one contracts HIV there is a breif period of flu like illness after infection, so yeah youre probably going to get AIDS.

lol.. AIDS.. thats a funny disease..

i say you've been exposed to vx gas...

fahimaz7 said:
Is it Penis at 12 syndrome?

Scott

Ps. that **** is real. Learned about it in Endocrinolgoy.

Yeah, it's real name is like Duodeces or something like that. Apparently, it's screwed over a lot of little boys who were raised as girls.

ingamina said:
Heartrate - 58/minute
Blood pressure - 120/75
What do I have?

We need a good history. What are your normals? Are you sure the thermometer is accurate? Try it on a friend. Your HR is nothing out of the ordinary, especially if you're an athlete. My HR is usually higher than normal if I have a cold. Your BP seems fine.

Sites for self-diagnosis:

http://familydoctor.org/symptom.xml
http://www.ecureme.com/emyhealth/symptoms/games.asp

The ecureme link seems to be down at the moment. Both pretty basic but worth a look. Differential diagnosis is fun!

DarkLordofSith said:
Yeah, it's real name is like Duodeces or something like that. Apparently, it's screwed over a lot of little boys who were raised as girls.

Heuvodoces; eggs at 12.

Anyway, I agree with Future Ortho; seems like the instruments are off.

Oh, yeah, as said before, the HR is most likely due to being an athelete...

jwnduke said:
The heart rate of 58, while technically bradycardia, may not be low for this indiviual. I think it matters what his typical at rest pulse is; runners and other endurance athletes commonly have at rest heart rates in the 50s.

Good point. I did not take that into consideration. The OP did not say if he/she was an athelete, so I had to go by normals.

MedicineBird said:
Did you say hamburger?! You are a walking cesspool of E. Coli 0157!!!
Love the use of the word cesspool - great post.
My diagnosis on the otherhand is Hemorrhoids.
Have you been cleaning your ass thoroughly lately after taking a dump? I'll advise a self-check exam.
Just reach into your anus and survey the tissue around for any unusual bumps and if they hurt when you touch them, voila there goes your disease. Hope this helps.

I'm going with meningitis. You're gonna die. Good luck. :luck:

What are you doing in my psych clinic? Turf to EM.

I see that this is a very old thread, but regardless, seeking medical advice is not allowed on SDN. It's probably a few years too late to recommend they see a health care professional instead. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.