Practice MCQ's in Otolaryngology Board exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ENTCANADA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find practice multiple choice questions for the Otolaryngology board exam? Everyone mentions how important they are for preparation but I can't seem to find any. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where I can find practice multiple choice questions for the Otolaryngology board exam? Everyone mentions how important they are for preparation but I can't seem to find any. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help!

Redacted for unintentionally and in error offending a fellow colleague

Anyone who sits for the exam takes an oath not to reveal these questions, so I wouldn't recommend advertising publicly you're trying to get them, even on an "anonymous" forum.

Apparently you misunderstood me. I am NOT trying to get actual exam questions. If you read my note a bit more carefully, I was asking about PRACTICE exam questions, similiar to the ones online at the Elsevierhealth website. I find it offensive that you are implying that I am trying to in some way cheat the system. I am a Canadian Board certified otolaryngologist who had been practicing for 7 years. As I stated before, answering multiple choice questions takes a different skill set. Researchers and examiners, not only in medicine but in other health sciences recommend practicing multiple choice before taking an MCQ type exam. I would hope that you, as a recently certified otolaryngologist, will have more respect for your collegues in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently you misunderstood me. I am NOT trying to get actual exam questions. If you read my note a bit more carefully, I was asking about PRACTICE exam questions, similiar to the ones online at the Elsevierhealth website. I find it offensive that you are implying that I am trying to in some way cheat the system. I am a Canadian Board certified otolaryngologist who had been practicing for 7 years. As I stated before, answering multiple choice questions takes a different skill set. Researchers and examiners, not only in medicine but in other health sciences recommend practicing multiple choice before taking an MCQ type exam. I would hope that you, as a recently certified otolaryngologist, will have more respect for your collegues in the future.

Whoa, there. Take it easy. I mean absolutely no offense. There are a number of residents (granted, not attendings) who have tried to obtain real questions from those who have sat through exam, so I am sory if I errantly assumed you may be asking for the same. And the last thing any well-intentioned physician needs is some board-nazi suggesting impropriety.

Sorry to have misinterpreted your intentions. All I was trying to say is that those questions (which you are clearly not after)are supposedly confidential and although I have been told that there are repositories of that information in various places, I wouldn't publicly try to obtain them.

To answer the true intent of your question then, I am aware of Osler having some, but they don't routinely hand them out--at least at the review class I attended. I wasn't even aware that Elsevier had any at all. The only other ones I've even seen are those for the in-service exam that are usually released from tests 8 yrs and older and those in the study manual for Bailey's. Oh, and there are the ones from the AAO-HNS Home Study Course but those are not really high-yield in many cases.

As for my reading skills--yes they probably need some improved comprehension.

And as far as my respect for my fellow colleagues, I have total respect in that I am humbled to even be an ENT among so many outstanding physicians. As for my respect for individuals, I offer it readily unless evidence suggests it needs to be earned.

Also, I'm 50% Canadian, genetically, for what it's worth, with 1/2 of my family living in Ontario, eh.

I would suggest the Home Study Course put out by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. The same folks who write the questions for the Boards also help write the questions for the Home Study Course.