Practicing podiatry in Hawaii?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starr0329

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a 3rd year student now, in the process of applying to clerkships. I was thinking about my life after residency and where I could see myself living. Hawaii has been on my mind for a while as a place to live. I have been there twice visiting friends, but I was thinking about doing a private practice rotation there next year to get a taste of what's it's like to really live there. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has practiced in Hawaii? Do you think there are experiences unique to being a podiatrist in Hawaii?

Members don't see this ad.

I've only visited Hawaii twice so my contribution to your question is minimal. I recall reading a complaint from a DPM living in Hawaii that in order to get the required CME credits he or she had to fly to the mainland, which made the process very expensive and time consuming. That's all I have.

Depends on what island you are on. The cost of living is high, so your income won't go as far. It's a better place to retire than to try and make a career.

Members don't see this ad :)
you are in luck my friend.....

There are DPMs in Hawaii, clearly it is possible, might be able to play the under served aspect of it.