Practicing Verbal Passage by Passage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like I end up doing better on the passages if I do them one by one with review in between each. I know the test isn't like this, but does anyone have suggestions to translate my performance across several passages?

Seems like if I set say 21 minutes to 3 passages, I end up doing worse even though the time allotted is the exact same.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say doing one at a time is ok at the beginning to help you identify what to watch out for and get a feel for the wording, but try to move up to doing a full 60 minutes-seven passages to practice timing, endurance, and checking back on answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went through it all last year and I'm about a third of the way through TPR verbal. I guess I will try to do a few at a time even if it means making more mistakes.

Seems like I end up doing better on the passages if I do them one by one with review in between each. I know the test isn't like this, but does anyone have suggestions to translate my performance across several passages?

Seems like if I set say 21 minutes to 3 passages, I end up doing worse even though the time allotted is the exact same.

you can give yourself more time. there are 7 passages and 60 minutes, so give yourself 8 min/passage.