Pre-Aud student UNC questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDiology10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was hoping someone might be willing to provide me with some information about UNC Chapel Hill's AuD program. I am currently a sophomore and I am very interested in attending UNC.
I was wondering the type of student UNC typically accepts. I've looked on their website but I'm hoping to hear from some students who were accepted there or go there currently. :)

I see on the pre-professional coursework that UNC requires a physical science course. I have taken a Science of Sound course, but would they accept this or are they looking for a more general physics course?
Also, they require a math course other than statistics. I have taken Pre-calculus, would this satisfy their math requirement? Are there any other courses I could take that would help me in graduate audiology coursework?

Some information about me:
I am graduating in Spring 2016.
I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major with Pre-Audiology, Gerontology, and Psychology minors. (Yes, I have 3 minors :)
Current GPA: 3.8

Any information given is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed there this year and am currently on the waitlist. I really liked the professors, hospital and campus! I took a Physics of Light and Sound class (3 cr. w/out a lab), and they invited me for an interview so I'm sure your science of sound course is fine. I took an algebra and statistics course and that was apparently enough. Being that you have three majors you probably have a better chance than me in that aspect. I have a 3.86 and combined GRE score of 310. I was told by them that I had great recommendations and personal statement. So my advice if you want to get in is to do really well on the GRE and get your GPA up even more (you have time!) It really is a great school. I wish they had told me where my application was weak for them so I could help more. Feel free to personal message me if you have anymore questions that I might be able to answer. Best of luck to you, and it's great you're already preparing for applying to schools!

Thank you! Do you you know if they look at your major GPA separately from your GPA as a whole? I have a 4.0 in the major so far, but I haven't done as well in some of my liberal arts classes. Also, are there any other programs/schools that you applied to or would recommend looking at? I feel like it's difficult to judge a program just from the webpage.

I'm not sure what they look at. My in-major and overall GPA are almost exactly the same so it is hard to tell. I ended up applying to 7 schools. Money was a huge factor for me so I tried to apply to programs that would likely give me a decent financial aid package. Have you been on ASHA's EdFind? That was extremely helpful for me.