Pre-Calc BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WillMa58

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took pre-calc the fall semester of my freshmen year, and i got a D. However, i turned around and got an A in Calculus. I'm only a sophomore right now, and my BCPM is sitting at a 3.4 and i expect it to keep going up. Do med schools consider pre-calc in the BCPM? If so, mine drops all the way down to like 2.5. Will they calculate my BCPM without the D if they see that the rest of my science classes are all A's & B's ?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe its counted towards your BCPM and no they won't calculate it without it even if your science classes are good lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now it doesn't look like you have too insane of an upward trend. If one D changes your sgpa from 3.4 to a 2.5 this shows you do not have very many sgpa credits, which is ok because you're just a sophomore. If you continue your upward trend and try to get your sgpa again to a 3.4 even with counting the D then you will be ok. This just requires a lot more A's than B's.

It sounds like this course is going to factor into your science GPA, but keep in mind that the overall GPA is not the only factor used by Adcoms. Your GPA will be viewed by year (freshman, sophomore, etc.), so a strong upward trend will be easily visible and likely rewarded by some institutions.