pre-matriculation programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muzzy44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
beneficial? worthless? pros and cons? any input welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. I want to know as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm curious too, I was sent a pre-matriculation program for URM

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure you can make a blanket statement. One of the schools that accepted me offered one to all students and required it of some, mostly students who had been out of school for some time. From what I have heard, they make things easier for the first few months and even out a weak foundation in the sciences. But it's probably highly variable from one school to the next. If you know what school you're attending, I'd join Facebook groups for not only your class, but the ones ahead of you, and ask around to determine if they're worthwhile.

All the ones I've seen are funded, so I can't imagine any cons except time wasted. The pros probably range from helpful to neutral.

I am a non-science major and qualify for one of the programs. I assume it would be helpful, if only to get comfortable with campus and get focused

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using SDN mobile app

If you attended on of these programs, what was your opinion?

it didnt really help academically because I had already read First Aid during my gap year,, helped to make friends socially tho. i would do it again in a heartbeat.

it didnt really help academically because I had already read First Aid during my gap year,, helped to make friends socially tho. i would do it again in a heartbeat.

You read first aid? I'm behind the curve already. Lol.

Reactions: 1 users