Pre-med Book to read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idamaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I feel there is a lot of information I do not know about the application process, requirements , what to do, what not to do..etc as far as being a pre-med student goes. For example, today a friend mentioned that he had to get a board review done out of town before he sends any mCat scores. I know my school has a pre-med board, but why would he go out of town and whats it for? Is there a book I can read that will fill most of these voids? I did notice the stickies at the top, but I am looking for a How-to or a "for dummies" type of book. Is the book So, You Want to Become a Physician good? Any better suggestions?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

There's no substitute for heading over to the AAMC and reading their requirements, and then going to each particular school you want to apply to and doing the same.

In terms of applications, your pre-med advisor should answer most questions for you. Fill in the rest by asking in the forum or running a preliminary Google.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I feel there is a lot of information I do not know about the application process, requirements , what to do, what not to do..etc as far as being a pre-med student goes. For example, today a friend mentioned that he had to get a board review done out of town before he sends any mCat scores. I know my school has a pre-med board, but why would he go out of town and whats it for? Is there a book I can read that will fill most of these voids? I did notice the stickies at the top, but I am looking for a How-to or a "for dummies" type of book. Is the book So, You Want to Become a Physician good? Any better suggestions?

Thank you
Have you checked at your library?

You can start by reading SDN. Many people have given excellent advice here, found nowhere else.