Pre-Med Clinical Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carthage_EMT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a freshmen with sophomore standing in college with a few community college courses under my belt. I have worked as an Ocean Lifeguard EMT and am currently working for a 911 rescue squad and will be getting my AEMT within the year. My question was do I/should I supplement my paid ambulance experience with an ER tech job or volunteer work? Additionally, is it frowned upon if all clinical experience is paid and you have little volunteer experience or is clinical experience clinical regardless of how you got it?

Thanks ahead of time!

Members don't see this ad.

change your pic to remain anonymous plz, Also you need some altruism (unpaid volunteer work to show that u like helping people outside of a paycheck which doesnt need to be medical in nature eg foodbank)
So all your clinical experience can be paid but u need to have some unpaid volunteering to show that u like helping people, this activity doesnt need to be clinical. Also dont forget you need to do shadowing.

Reactions: 2 users
you need some altruism (unpaid volunteer work to show that u like helping people outside of a paycheck which doesnt need to be medical in nature eg foodbank)
So all your clinical experience can be paid but u need to have some unpaid volunteering to show that u like helping people, this activity doesnt need to be clinical. Also dont forget you need to do shadowing.
Agreed.