Pre-Meds: What's your favorite show to bingewatch on Netflix?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, is Monk back on Netflix?!

man... i had no idea they got rid of monk but yea i guess its a good thing i finished the show while it was still on netflix

Members don't see this ad.

The Knick. Its a cinemax orig. About surgery in 1900s NYC. Best thing ive seen since The Wire

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Currently: House, Futurama (x2, FTW!), Parks and Recreation, The IT Crowd.

Previously: New Girl, Gilmore Girls, HIMYM, 30 Rock, The Killing, Fringe.

However, I'm big into the BBC shows/British TV, i.e. Downton Abbey (removed), The Paradise, Sherlock, Dr. Who, Call the Midwife, The Bletchley Circle, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
adventure-time.png

APRIL 12 IS COMING

Edit: Shows I binged watched on netflix- The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Breaking Bad (5 seasons 2 weeks no lie)

Last edited:
Can't believe there's no love for any of the Star Trek series' there's so much content that by the time you get through all of it its been long enough to start back at the beginning.

House of Cards...until Season 3 was even worse than Season 1. Where is Freddie? WHERE IS FREDDIE?

Also, I'm in the process of trying to give up TV for the 9000th time this year soo...

I love House of Cards, SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Dexter, Breaking Bad and American Horror Story. I also totally agree about Star Trek... I have really enjoyed educating myself about the first one. Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I love House of Cards, SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Dexter, Breaking Bad and American Horror Story. I also totally agree about Star Trek... I have really enjoyed educating myself about the first one. Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy.

The first series is definitely the worst (except for maybe Enterprise) but you definitely have to give it and the actors the respect they deserve, pretty ground breaking show for the late 60s. For example, many of the southern state cable networks refused to air it because of Uhura and requested she be replaced with a white actress but Roddenberry said screw em.
There is also the story of Uhura and Kirk's kiss, the first interracial TV kiss ever and the production company tried to stop it from happening (it was originally supposed to be Spock and her which was OK I guess?? because he's an alien and then they decided they would try it with Shatner but only if they didn't really kiss). Shatner saw what was going on and every take grabbed and kissed Uhura much to the rage of the studio until late in to the night when they finally gave up. They got Shatner to do one take where they didn't actually kiss but when they watched the dailies the next day they found out he crossed his eyes to make it too ridiculous to use. When the episode was to air in the UK it was actually pulled for 'sadistic plot elements' and not aired until 1994. There's definitely a lot of cool stories like that. All of the ST series have been pretty groundbreaking in their own way covering ethics and philosophical topics long before it was 'OK' to do so on TV (better get watching gunners there's your MMI prep). But in all seriousness I am a dork but definitely encourage everyone to give them a shot. (Don't start with the original series start with ST:TNG)

Last edited:
In the midst of House of Cards. Love "Claire's Hair". Really enjoying my gap years, can watch without guilt.

and RIP Spock. May all us pre-meds live long and prosper in medical school.

The first series is definitely the worst (except for maybe Enterprise) but you definitely have to give it and the actors the respect they deserve, pretty ground breaking show for the late 60s. For example, many of the southern state cable networks refused to air it because of Uhura and requested she be replaced with a white actress but Roddenberry said screw em.
There is also the story of Uhura and Kirk's kiss, the first interracial TV kiss ever and the production company tried to stop it from happening (it was originally supposed to be Spock and her which was OK I guess?? because he's an alien and then they decided they would try it with Shatner but only if they didn't really kiss). Shatner saw what was going on and every take grabbed and kissed Uhura much to the rage of the studio until late in to the night when they finally gave up. They got Shatner to do one take where they didn't actually kiss but when they watched the dailies the next day they found out he crossed his eyes to make it too ridiculous to use. When the episode was to air in the UK it was actually pulled for 'sadistic plot elements' and not aired until 1994. There's definitely a lot of cool stories like that. All of the ST series have been pretty groundbreaking in their own way covering ethics and philosophical topics long before it was 'OK' to do so on TV (better get watching gunners there's your MMI prep). But in all seriousness I am a dork but definitely encourage everyone to give them a shot. (Don't start with the original series start with ST:TNG)
Absolutely! They were able to raise topics that otherwise wouldn't have been okay to discuss without the protection of science fiction, raising awareness and sensitivity of issues that were simply not discussed in the Mayberry world of 1960s television. Uhuras kiss is just one of many examples.

I just got really sad reading about Star Trek cause Leonard Nimoy passed away :(

New season of House of Cards anyone? Pretty friggin awesome

The West Wing is the greatest show ever IMO. I also like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. The Newsroom was ok, but not nearly as good as The West Wing, though I thought the last season was very good (Don't trust the reviews!).

I started re-watching it on netflix recently, not knowing this. When I was a couple seasons in, I saw something about it only being available till Feb. 4th. Begin mega-binge. I watched 5 seasons in about 2 weeks, and ended up half way through season 8 on Feb. 4th. On the 5th, I realized the message was gone and Scrubs was still available. :bang:Oh well. No regrets.
Noooo, scrubs can't leave Netflix. It got me through my senior year of high school, and I need it for college.

The West Wing is the greatest show ever IMO. I also like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. The Newsroom was ok, but not nearly as good as The West Wing, though I thought the last season was very good (Don't trust the reviews!).

TWW is a hidden gem. It was too character driven so I wasn't able to get through all of it but I liked it while watching.

Homeland, no doubt! Surprised no one has mentioned it yet. The cast, script are all spot-on.

Decided to jump over here to give myself a little of a break from Season 3 of House of Cards. Absolutely amazing so far. Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Parks and Rec and Scrubs round out my favorite.

Recently also started M*A*S*H and I can see already why it is such a timeless classic. Everything is still relatable even with the show airing during the 70's. As someone interested in military med, it also has shown some of the deep psychological effects that the military trauma physicians go through when they're overseas. It's also interesting to see how far medical technology has come in all these years. Kinda amazing what those physicians could do with all that "barbaric" equipment of yesteryear.

House of Cards is a great alternative to not drinking this weekend right now

House of Cards... hands down. Eat or be eaten in this world.

House of Cards, re-binging on House, just finished Hemlock Grove

I tried to watch slowly. I failed.
Me too, already on episode 10, only 2 more to go. Waaah, but no main character is dead yet, hmmm. The only death is a minor character, but created much drama. Pacing is much slower this season. We'll see if there is a shocker in the end.

Gilmore girls, The L Word, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock... Though recently I've been watching more on Hulu+ like NY Med and Modern Family.

I've also tried to watch Greys Anatomy but it was not made for binge watching. Every episode is SO dramatic because it'd air once a week- but side by side it's ridiculous and I storm out saying "this is stupid!" Three times an episode.

Reactions: 1 users
Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine.
Okay, that makes me love you even more! Not only are you this official adcom member that coaches all of us and gives us great advice, but your favorite show is Scooby Doo? Adorable!

House of Cards lovers, no spoilers please! I'm making my way through season 2 and still in shock over Zoe.

grrr if I wasn't so busy with school right now I'd love to FINALLY get around to watching:
walking dead, orange is the new black, and sherlock! Darn midterms >.>

Okay, so i just started watching House of Cards last night and its pretty good! (Homeland is still number 1 :)

If this thread has said anything, it's that one should watch House of Cards... ? My question is, what if you're not politically inclined in general?

If this thread has said anything, it's that one should watch House of Cards... ? My question is, what if you're not politically inclined in general?
Tbh I really think House of cards slightly overrated and if your not politically inclined you may not like it.... Solid show, but not for everyone.

Once Upon a Time - good blend of cleverness and cornyness as they put a new spin on old classics. The show is especially good to those who recently read Grimms' Fairy Tales or are familiar with classic Disney movies.

Yeah, sounds terrific, I know :p You have to watch it to fully appreciate the corny effects and clever story.

Me too, already on episode 10, only 2 more to go. Waaah, but no main character is dead yet, hmmm. The only death is a minor character, but created much drama. Pacing is much slower this season. We'll see if there is a shocker in the end.
Finished House of Cards Season 3, and my oh my, Season 3 didn't disappoint in the end. For those still catching up, enjoy.

Once Upon a Time - good blend of cleverness and cornyness as they put a new spin on old classics. The show is especially good to those who recently read Grimms' Fairy Tales or are familiar with classic Disney movies.

Yeah, sounds terrific, I know :p You have to watch it to fully appreciate the corny effects and clever story.

I actually love Once, I just forgot to mention it. So excited it's on again!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer all the way. When I was little I used I save the world from all the vampires and demons in my backyard and Buffy was my inspiration. You're all welcome.

Ummm... Walking Dead, Helix, and... Vanderpump Rules... Bwahaha jk jk... Or am I? That Ariana is smoking smoking smoking.

Recently, because I found out that it is leaving Netflix soon, Samurai Jack.

...gotta get back.
Back to the past,
Samurai Jack.
Watch out.

I really like to watch grey's anatomy and house of cards, but I need to lay off the binge watching and study more!!!

+1 for The Knick, though not on Netflix anymore. Its like House except its the 1900s and he does surgeries, shoots cocaine in between his toes instead of popping vicodin and hangs out at opium dins in between!

Last edited: