Pre-naplex score of 85

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MShopes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't know what to make of this. I recently graduated from pharmacy school. Did light studying of chapters like DM, HTN...etc from Rxprep, I would say about 5 main chapters just one time only...no HIV, oncology, Infectious diseases...etc at all.

The only thing I did really study was calculations (I'm generally good at math) and biostatistics (kinda).

I decided to take the pre naplex for the heck of it and got an 85.....The thing I realized is that the naplex is so random that you can't really study for it beside the calculations and statistics portion. The questions were ALL over the place.

I'm taking my real Naplex next week and don't know what to make of such score.

Oh I also finished the pre naplex with about an hour to spare....it's either you know the answer or you don't, don't guess yourself!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I just took my pre naplex, and didn't score as highly as I wanted to. Do you think your pre naplex score was a good indicator of your actual Naplex score? And any advice for studying the naplex?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I don't know what to make of this. I recently graduated from pharmacy school. Did light studying of chapters like DM, HTN...etc from Rxprep, I would say about 5 main chapters just one time only...no HIV, oncology, Infectious diseases...etc at all.

The only thing I did really study was calculations (I'm generally good at math) and biostatistics (kinda).

I decided to take the pre naplex for the heck of it and got an 85.....The thing I realized is that the naplex is so random that you can't really study for it beside the calculations and statistics portion. The questions were ALL over the place.

I'm taking my real Naplex next week and don't know what to make of such score.

Oh I also finished the pre naplex with about an hour to spare....it's either you know the answer or you don't, don't guess yourself!

The pre-Naplex is not a predictor of performance on the Naplex. The pre-Naplex is not adaptive and the Naplex is. Even if you get similar scores on both Pre-Naplex versions and the NAPLEX that does not mean the scores correlate or that the Pre-NAPLEX is a predictor. I took it last year. It's not worth your money.

I agree you "can't study" for it. At this point, none of it should be new to anyone and no one should be trying to study for it. However, you can review high yield facts. Your Naplex experience will be so much smoother if you have those high yield facts handy and are confident in them. The same goes for math. Math is the one part of the outcome of this exam that you can most influence to your favor.

That's my 2 cents.