Pre-Naplex vs Naplex Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

Notanorange

Hello,

I am getting ready to take the Naplex next Friday and I am really scared. Everyone in my class has passed so far and have stated that the pre-naplex was a good indicator of their score. I took it the first time about a month ago and got a 48. Then after a month of studying I took it again and got a 72.

Should I be worried? I mean I have seen many people post on here saying similar things about how their Naplex scores were similar to the pre-naplex but other stories show that they passed regardless of the score. Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

My NAPLEX score was lower than my pre-NAPLEX scores. I think this is rare, but it can happen. All my scores were well above passing though.

I would actually be very concerned with both of your pre-NAPLEX scores. Can you continue to study for another month or two to solidify your learning? It may make a difference. You want to be really confident you can pass before taking the test. If you fail the NAPLEX, you can't take it again for 90 days…

In my case my naplex score was I think 9 points higher than prenaplex, without hardly any studying between the two tests. I think you should be ok as long as you absolutely master the calculations and stats part of the test. I would focus on those this late in the game if I were you.

I got 85 on Pre Naplex and 105 on Naplex. I took Pre Naplex 1 week before Naplex.