Pre-Podiatry (pre-med).. How long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flypod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my biology done. How long does it typically take to do the chem, o-chem, and physics along with the math reqired for each?

I know its not exact, so ball park it.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have my biology done. How long does it typically take to do the chem, o-chem, and physics along with the math reqired for each?

YOu can take physics any semester with the chem. But usually (at least my school) you have to take both gen chem 1 and 2 to be able to take o-chem (which you need two of). Based off that, I'd say 4 semesters.

last year fall semester, i took as far as me pre-req's go, bio I and gen chem I. in the spring, i took bio II, gen chem II and ochem I. this fall, i am taking ochem II and physics I. in the spring, i will take physics II. that is 3 semseters. if you chose to take summer school, igeuss you rearrange and do something like this:
Fall: bio I, Gen chem I, Physics I,
Spring: Bio II, Gen Chem II, and Ochem I.
Summer I: ochem II
Summer II: physics II.
that would be a year. some universities "require" math, but don't enforce the requirement. in other words, if you feel comfortable with the math (algebra), you could likely do well in your pre-req's without taking any pre-calc classes. besides physics ( which involves a fair amount of trig, which isn't that hard) the math needed stops at algebra, and my professors always showed us hoe to do the math. it is feasable to complete your pre-req's in a full year, although this will be challenging. also, if you are a bio major for instance, calc. is usually required. as you are planning your course, take that into consideration. you can apply before you have completed all of your pre-req's. hope this helps.