Pre-PT Advice Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

careot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I'm currently a junior health science major, hoping to pursue a career in physical therapy. I have begun looking into different PT Programs, and I was wondering if anyone who's already been through the application process, or is going through it now, has any advice. Like how many programs did you apply to? What do you need to score on the GRE? How many volunteer/observation hours should I shoot for? Is it better to do the early application or does it not make a difference? Basically, whatever little bits of advice y'all could give me I'd greatly appreciate! Plus, any opinions on different schools would be great to hear as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Your best bet is to just search through this forum. You can check out the GPA, acceptance/etc sticky thread at the top which will give you a LOT of insight on the GPAs, GRE scores, etc of people who have applied...

If you are interested in particular programs (say, Ohio State just to randomly name one) you can search "Ohio State" and all the threads about that particular school will pop up.

There is TONS of information here, but without anything specific, you just need to filter through like many of us did until we found out we had more specific questions to ask.

I used PTCAS a lot initially in my search. you can just bring up all the PTCAS programs by state and go trough the little pages they have for each program. These will tell you the prereq classes you need for that program, their average GRE/GPA, and how many hours they require.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember not all schools are on PTCAS. You may want to check out apta.org. There you can find all the programs that are accredited.