Pre-Reqs taking forever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElleInfinite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like it's taking forever to finish the pre-requirements because they too have pre-reqs to complete before you can take them. For example, you cannot take organic chemistry before general chemistry II. You can't take physics without Pre-calc & Trig classes. I'll finish with everything next year in December but feel like it could've been done quicker if there weren't so many obstacles to class scheduling :( Anyone else feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

I can understand the frustration of courses taking time, but it is the way it has to be. You can't expect to be able to do organic chemistry if you don't have a general chemistry background, so in reality you couldn't "have been done quicker." Medicine is not a race and it's better you learn that sooner than later.

In a similar boat. Before biochem i need organic chem 2 and biology 3, but before biology 2 i need chem 2, etc. The whole thing has bottle-necked me at a max speed of 2 courses a quarter every quarter until im done lol.

Though I'm surprised you have pre-reqs for physics. I got into my state school's physics 1 class as a non-matriculant with no background in math. Are you trying to get into calc physics or algebra physics?

agreed, I had to start from the very bottom, I needed a refresher on algebra as that is helpful for chemistry, and I need all the basic chems/biologies before I can take the actual "pre-reqs." Look on the bright side, I just started the pre-pre-reqs and you're about to finish so you're ahead of me!